In this post I am going to discuss future plans for the Racing To Profit Members Club.
This will include: –
- The purpose of the Members Club
- National Hunt: What you receive/future plans
- Flat: Plans for this year/what you will receive
- Pricing Changes/How you can get involved
Now, don’t all jump to pricing changes now 🙂 Below is worth a read first…
What is the purpose of my Members Club?
My aim and why I still manage to bounce out of bed at around 7am most days, is to offer you a space where you can profit from and enjoy your racing. It is that simple.
We all have the pleasure of having ‘the racing bug’ . What a game. I don’t know what non racing enthusiasts do with themselves! They really are missing out.
I do this primarily through providing quality, well researched information that you can use as you please. My main focus is on trainer stats and my ‘Trainer Track Profiles’, with the advised strategies that accompany that approach.
At its core is a focus on community, entertainment and profit. I want us all to win together and share in each other’s success.
I also want everything I do to be accessible to everyone, whether you bet £2 or £200 on the horses. Price should not be a barrier, in that context.
Let’s get to it…
What makes up the Members Club for Jumping Fans:-
- 100% access at all times to all ‘Members Club’ Posts. (never any additional charge for The Cheltenham Festival or any other posts I may ‘pay wall’. At times moving forwards this may include the other odd big race day, or the odd Saturday, or 2-4 days per month)
- The Bread And Butter: Access to the ‘TTP Jumps Notes’: A daily post listing qualifiers against my unique jumps stats pack, including the ‘Ratings Pointers’ (of which I pay £34 per month to access these ratings) plus any other notes, usually subjective. Also includes regular results updates/recording to advised prices and BFSP
- Other Resources:-
- My Monthly Research Article: around 2000 words per month discussing various trainer angles or profitable angles for you to use as you please.
- The TTP Stats Guide: A promise never to pay full price, and at least a 50% discount on my two main ‘Trainer Track Profiles’ stats guides for both Flat and Jumps (about 40 hours research/work on each guide).
- Other Guides: Full FREE access to all other stats guides that I ‘may’ produce including ‘Festival Resources’ and any stats pointers for Aintree/Punchestown/Galway/Summer Jumping etc.
- Big Race Trends: Full access to any big race trends research for big races on Saturdays. This is usually at least one race per week.
- NEW! I will be introducing exclusive trends/stats for Handicap Hurdles, only accessible to Members, including any shortlists. This is in response to the success of this approach this year. This will include any ‘test tips’ etc.
- Summer Jumping: I intend to trial out posting selections for Newton Abbot/Stratford/Perth/Worcester , with an accompanying guide. This will be post-Aintree. All other tracks that have racing over ‘the summer’ are covered in the current TTP Jumps guide- those stats cover the calendar year , not the main winter season, if that makes sense.
I think that is the lot on the jumping front.
- There will be a ‘Trainer Track Profiles’ Flat stats pack to take us through the summer months. This will be similar to the Jumps version with some obvious changes.
- The Bread And Butter : I will post qualifiers and ‘ratings pointers’ as I do now, daily.
- In theory there is no reason why this shouldn’t have similar success to the Jumps version- but that is an unknown as I have not posted daily qualifiers from the TTP Flat before. The guide was produced last year as a stand-alone PDF.
- Monthly Research Articles will continue
- ‘Big Meeting Trainer Pointers’ – unlike the jumps there are more ‘big meetings’ 2-4 days Festivals that we can attack in the hope of finding trainer angles/micro systems to follow. I am excited about this approach as we had some success last summer. Saeed Bin Surroor’s record at the July Meeting with maiden runners sticks in the mind, an easy 12/1 winner and another one also. You will have full access to any research on that front and will never have to pay for any such ‘big meeting’ guides I may charge for.
- TTP: Flat. 50% discounted access to the full TTP stats guide if you wish to have a PDF version to keep yourselves.
- Other Guides: FREE access to any other guides- here I am mainly thinking about Royal Ascot, and possible Glorious Goodwood also.
- Big Race Trends: At this stage I will not promise exclusive access to big race trends, which will mainly be focussed on 5-7f Heritage Handicaps, and others that may appear. I suspect I may offer these for free to regular blog readers- I don’t wish to paywall everything I do. And there is less ‘free tipping’ during the flat. But, we shall see. There will be plenty above just for Members.
That all sounds like more work than the jumps! 🙂 Oh well, it will be worth it…
Important: Please read very carefully.
No doubt some of you have jumped straight to this bit! Please do read the info above though, you may find it useful.
What Should I Charge/How Much Will You Have To Pay?
I believe that what I offer is worth around £17 to £20 per month. I can’t ever see myself charging more than that, unless there is a need to control numbers.
BUT… there are no plans to charge that amount before October 2017, at the earliest. Indeed it may never reach those levels.
If you are reading this now you will never be asked to pay such fees before October 2017
So, what am I proposing…
Firstly – all those existing members who joined before the Christmas Deal (so currently paying £10 per month) will keep paying their existing subs for as long as they remain members. There will be NO INCREASE on their existing fees. Ever. A select few of you joined up for £97 annually, many before the start of this Jumps season. Again, your fees will not be increasing for as long as you remain.
Secondly – There are three groups on other deals that will expire at some point during 2017
- The £7.50 Christmas Offer subscribers, whose subscription sees them through to the end of April 2016
- Festival Subscribers- who paid £7 access just for Festival week (and a few days either side)
- £10 per month- who may have joined at some point in 2017- this takes you through to September 2017, or sooner if you cancel in the meantime! There are only a handful on that offer I think.
So, for those of you in that second group of subscribers, what will you have to pay if you wish to join/remain in the Members Club, with access to all content as described above? …
New Price Levels:
Monthly: £12.50 per month
Annual: £127 per year (near enough 2 months free)
Very Important: These prices WILL NEVER BE INCREASED for as long as you remain a member, not even in line with inflation! You have my word on that. If you join on either of those two deals, the price will never increase for as long as you remain subscribed.
I won’t waste time justifying that small increase but I think that is a fair amount for what you receive and the amount of time I put into making your experience the best that I can.
I guess if you don’t think that is reasonable, you won’t be remaining either beyond this week/beyond end of April, or September!
If you are reading this now, you will have a chance to sign up to these prices before the end of September 2017.
I hope you find that reasonable.
Comments in either agreement or polite disagreement are welcome. I suppose you will vote with your feet.
Next jumps season, for October-April I am planning to ‘launch’ the Jumps service with some help from colleagues in the racing space – yes, that is one of those annoying times when you will be bombarded with emails etc.
At this stage, for the Oct-April period, I am thinking of charging around £147-£197 for that period.
Clearly if you sign up to the £12.50 per month or £127 per year (the whole year, not just Oct-April) you will never need to pay such fees.
How Can You Join When Your Existing Subscription Ends?
In the next couple few days I will set up the payment options whereby you can join.
You can do this from within your members area, when logged in, using the ‘renew subscription’ link to the right.
- PayPal: You will be able to sign up via paypal. REMEMBER- I know Paypal isn’t popular with everyone but you do NOT need to have an account in order to use them. You can pay as ‘a guest’ , without the need for an account etc, and just using your card.
- ClickBank: I will introduce a ClickBank Option. Of course, they charge 20% VAT which will be in addition to the fees above (so £15 per month/£152 per year) – You could see the VAT (which they pay, not me) as an insurance I suppose, because of course you get the 60 day money back guarantee after each payment- which gives you more financial flexibility.
And I think that is it.
I hope that is clear and that you haven’t just spat out whatever you may be drinking.
I think those price rises are fair. I think the promise never to raise them again for as long as you remain, is also more than fair.
I believe this is one of the best value racing/information services around, based on the content and results for the 2016/17 jumps season so far.
It is also a club where you have the freedom to introduce your own subjective thoughts/opinions on the content – which I think makes your experience of racing far more enjoyable.
In the next couple of days I will advertise such links on the free posts for any Festival Subscribers who may wish to join longer term.
Remember, on the monthly subs, you can cancel anytime you please.
For those whose subscriptions run out in April, that ‘renew subscription’ option will be available at those prices above.
Tin hat on… questions /comments welcome…
Thanks for reading, and thanks for showing your faith in me/the members club to this point. Hopefully you will remain for many months/years to come. For as long as there is UK/Irish racing, there will always be trainer stats, and there will always be some sort of ‘ratings pointers’- and I don’t think HorseRaceBase or Geegeez Speed have any plans to cease anytime soon.
P.s you can always email me: email@example.com