Harry Fry Mares (10/1< guide)
1.20 Leic- Little Acorn DNQ
2.20 Leic – Desert Queen WON 5/1>4/1
Trainer/Jockey Combos – Live Test
2.30 Weth – Swing Hard (12/1<) (#2) UP
3.30 Weth – Dartford Warbler (12/1<) (#2) UP
Just one more horse to mention today…
3.30 Wetherby… there are two TTP horses in this, both on the drift which doesn’t fill me with confidence. They had a great start to the month but have had a poor 2 weeks, but that’s how it goes. Anyway.. MONBEG RIVER is the horse… I backed him at Aintree LTO and was there at the track. He was brought down when to my eye was going to hack up- that may be the pocket talking as they had not entered the straight, but my ‘that horse is travelling oh so well and will be there at the finish’ eye is quite good I think- and he was going to be bang there. I am concerned that he has had 52 days off, it suggests that incident may have taken a fair wack out of him. He was 9/2 last night and I would be lying if I said I didn’t have a muggy nibble. I have three onside in this race, I hope one of them wins!
Oh, that didn’t go well… MB ran ok. Maybe he doesn’t quite stay that trip, certainly in that ground.
IMPORTANT NEWS RE THE CHELTENHAM FESTIVAL
- This year, for the first time, there will be NO free content during Cheltenham Festival week, from the Tuesday through to and including the Saturday (Midlands GN Day from Uttoxeter). (tin hat on)
- As yet I have not decided what I will be charging non-members (they will obviously get full access as part of membership) but I suspect it will be around £10 for the week- importantly, if I can get everything working, this will be through ClickBank, which means if you want your money back come the end of that week, for whatever reason, you can get it, no questions asked. Which in essence makes it free anyway. (I/the stats/the content, may well have a shocker, always possible. But you can make that judgement call come the end of the week)
- As part of that package you will get access to my trends/stats guide which I will be starting soon- stats/trends/’winning profile’ for all handicaps + a couple of extra races. Also included will be any trainer micro systems that I research. That was 82 pages last year.
- During the week you will get the shortlists for all of the trends/stats races, my own thoughts (I may set out with a 20 point Festival bank or something) on those, for what they are worth, and any selections from the festival micro angles, which I introduced last year and they did well.
- ‘Officially’ we won +8 points last year, unofficially that trends approach above (like the Coral.ie Hurdle on Sunday) found winners in 8 out of the 10 handicaps from memory and the micro angles found some decent priced winners, 12/1, 16/1.
- The reasons for charging are twofold really. 1- it is quite a lot of hard work and the most mentally draining week of the year for me. That is a choice, but we all like a bet at The Festival and you have to put the work in, while realising that making any profit is tough. But we will have some fun. In 2014 I tipped Very Wood at 50s on these pages – he won. And that was fun to watch. 2. – it is also a reward for existing members for being so generous in sending me money every month. There may not be anyone who pays for access but that is the decision, and I have been pondering on that for a couple of weeks now.
- I have no plans to charge for any other such Festivals etc through the year. That will all be free as normal.