TIPPING COMPETITION (ROYAL ASCOT SATURDAY)
I will run the competition this Saturday (‘today’), rules below
THE RULES >>>
- Pick x1 selection only in ALL OF THE ITV RACES BROADCAST . That is ALL 7 RACES There must be x7 picks in total, no more than one in any race.
- Post your 7 picks – just a list of times/horses – down in the comments below. Posted before ITV Race 1 starts. (2.30 pm)
- The winners – is simply the most profit to Industry Starting Price (SP), to 1 point win bets – YOU are responsible for shouting if you think you may have a winning score. For all I’ll flick through but you can mark your own homework if you don’t mind.
- The Prizes – Prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd...
- 1st = £25 cash money to the winner
- 2nd = £15 cash money
- 3rd = £10 cash money ,
- I’ll wire direct to your bank account of choosing.. You’ve nothing to lose, bar pride, but we don’t focus on the losers down in the comments! IF there is a tie, first I will count back to number of winners, if that doesn’t help then I will count back to 2nd places. And if that doesn’t help, it will be split.
- NON -Runners... if one of your pick becomes a NR , it will simply defer to the SP FAV from ITV Race 1 onwards, you’re free to change before Race 1, or leave to the SP gods.
So get posting your entries in the main comments below…
PLEASE NOTE: if you’re posting a comment for the first time, I have to manually approve it back end, so if you don’t see it straight away, be patient, I just need to click a button and it will appear.
Trainer / Jockey Qualifiers
Trainers, Jockeys and ‘Handicap’ pointers…
2.30 – Alzahir (JG)
2.30 – Faisal Road (JG)
2.30 – One World (JG)
3.05 – Audience (JG)
3.05 – Samburu (JG/ FD)
3.40 – Mostahdaf (JG)
3.40 – Solid Stone (SMS, 14/1<)
4.20 – Diligent Harry (CC)
4.20 – Kinross (FD)
5.00- Jumby (WB)
Stats, Trends & Trainers
14/14 had 1-5 wins on the flat turf (did not: 0/81, 7p)
14/14 had 0-5 places (inc wins) in the class (6+: 0/72, 8p)
13/14 OR was same or higher than last start (lower: 1/94, 11p)
13/14 ran over 6f+ last start (did not: 1/73, 12p)
13/14 max distance career run was 7f-8f (was not: 1/116, 15p)
13/14 had run over further at least once (had not: 1/76, 11p)
13/14 had never run in race previously (had: 1/87, 15p)
12/14 aged 3-5 (6+ : 2/146, 21p)
12/14 had never run at Group 1 level (had: 2/101, 14p)
12/14 had 19 or fewer career runs (20+ : 2/174, 20p)
12/14 had 0-1 wins in the class (2+ : 2/118, 13p)
11/14 top 2 at least once last three starts (did not: 3/134, 20p)
- K Ryan: 2/19, 4p
- x1: D Evans, D Lanigan, L Perratt, J Fanshawe, R Varian, W Haggas, D O’Meara, R Cowell, B Meehan, D Marnane, R Fahey
Applying the trends…
Applying the first six ‘trends pointers’ above would point to 11/14 winners (11/106 runners, 26p) and IF upholding, would point to…
Chairmanoftheboard, Tiger Crusade, Apollo One, Volatile Analyst, Popmaster
Trainers (to have won race/with runners)
- Gulliver, Summerghand
- Dubai Station
DAY 5 PREVIEW
5.00 – Apollo One – 40-1 – 33/1
One last handicapping hurrah this week from me and after how my pokes have run so far, I can’t say I’m confident. And in truth I haven’t looked at this race overly long so will likely get what I deserve. (I’m off to Newmarket for our Syndicate Open Day + the races, and there’s a 3m handicap chase to look at!)
Anyway… to save time I’ve focussed most of my attention on the trends shortlist and at the prices I thought this one looked intriguing. He’s got course experience and has gone close in a couple of big C2 handicaps previously, esp a big 3YO heritage handicap at Newmarket last July, a race which has worked out well. A big field and fast ground are no hindrance to him and may be a reason for him to be seen at his best. He does need to step forward from him last two starts for sure.
However, he looks handicapped to go well and I like the booking of excellent 5lb claimer Beoit De la Sayette who is worth plenty in tight handicaps such as this. The other point of interest was that on paper there is not loads of pace – this race isn’t packed out with pillar to post front runners so it will be interesting to see how it plays out. Apollo One usually races handy enough and with any luck is in the right place. Whether he’s drawn in the right place, who knows.
That’s all for today’s Ascot musings. It’s been a tough week for me in the handicaps but that’s the reason for the TV Change pot, sometimes I land on a biggie or two this week, sometimes I don’t.
Best of luck with any pokes today and get entering the competition, you’ve nothing to lose.
Have a great day,