Tipping Competition: 28/02/19 (final day)

Please post all tipping competition tips in the comments below. This can include ‘system’ selections but they most be posted below (George/Francis/Others)

All tips posted so far for Feb posted elsewhere will clearly count.

The RULES

• A minimum of 20 ‘tips’ per month (horses only!)
  • Tips recorded to 1 point win
  • Tips recorded to Betfair Starting Price (excluding commission deductions)
  • Tips posted in the comments as now, and clearly marked as a ‘tip’ πŸ™‚ (any horse posted in this post,is clearly a tip)
  • If possible, Tips posted at least 1 hour before the selection runs.
  • The winner – whoever has the Biggest positive Return On Investment %
  • The prize: Β£50 to the winner. (if there’s ever joint winners the prize will be split)
  • I have the final say on everything.

Remember, i’m trusting YOU to keep your own accurate results to BFSP, and as it’s to ROI, you will need number of bets, and winners. I would also keep a record to available bookie prices when you post, as that gives me more ammo for my discretionary prize πŸ™‚

Best of luck,

How to find BFSP?

Apparently you can find BFSP on Attheraces website, without needing to register, or…

…the timeform website here>>>Β https://www.timeform.com/horse-racing/results/today

You just need to register a free account. EG an 8.00 winner isΒ  +7 points profit, to 1 point win. Easy

• Hi Josh,
    is it like the “masters” have you started inscribing the cup for the inaugural Tipster of the month award yet ? πŸ™‚
    gb πŸ™‚

George B 11/08/19 7:28 PM Reply

• Cant do that yet George,might be a 200/1 winner tomorrow

gearoid180468 12/08/19 6:42 AM Reply

• oh my days !! πŸ™

George B 12/08/19 10:24 AM Reply

• yeah and golfers could have a triple bogey on the last .. but it doesn’t stop the man in the shed scribing away … lmao πŸ™‚ …..now where’s my green jacket gone ?? …..darling !! ??? πŸ™‚

George B 12/08/19 10:24 AM Reply

• Tip 24-2.35 Taunton Mauna Kea 16/1

Case of hitting goal post last few attempts.Been a terrible year for getting any value on the jumps,this one might outrun its odds where he has won over c&d.

p/l 4/23 +23.68 bfsp +16 bog/ep

gearoid180468 11/08/19 7:28 PM Reply

• Hi Josh,
    gb πŸ™‚

George B 27/02/19 5:46 PM Reply

• Cant do that yet George,might be a 200/1 winner tomorrow

gearoid180468 27/02/19 6:22 PM Reply

• oh my days !! πŸ™

George B 27/02/19 6:54 PM Reply

George B 27/02/19 6:57 PM Reply

• haha, no not yet… I don’t have a clue how anyone has been doing until they post results! Which we will do tomorrow πŸ™‚ There’s plenty of trust in this approach but it’s the only option, and if anyone plays silly buggers that will be their final go in the comp! πŸ™‚

Josh 28/02/19 1:39 PM Reply

• 3.10 taunton

gearoid180468 11/08/19 7:28 PM Reply

• Oh man, I keep coming back to look at that one. Just think it might have a couple of pounds too much so won’t tip it but will follow you with a couple of quid.

chrisiwyg 12/08/19 6:42 AM Reply

2:15 Port Avon

Newcastle
    6:45 Rumshak
    7:15 Wise words

Good luck everyone

Warren Bottomley 11/08/19 7:28 PM Reply

• Hi all, my three for today.

LUD 16:10 MIDNIGHT GLORY @ 7.0
    N/C 18:45 ANOTHER ANGEL @ 8.5
    KEM 19:30 LE BORRACHO @ 8.5

14/61 29p +26.45 BOG 16.15 BFSP (ROI 25.65%)

G.L.
    Solent

solentmagpie 11/08/19 7:28 PM Reply

• Yesterday Eufemia won bsp 13.32.

Bets 19, won 2, +6.77 bsp, +7.00 available price.

Clonmel 3.25 Loch Luatha 18/1

Switches back to hurdles and is 15lb under his last chase mark.

But it’s not as simple as that because his best hurdles form off this mark is a 4l second over 2m1f here. He won a chase recently when stepped up to 3m1f and is stepped up to 3m over hurdles today. Sire stats have handicap hurdle wins up to 3m2f so he will likely stay, maybe that will bring about the necessary improvement.

Newcastle 6.45 Tan 16/1

Sire stats on standard/slow are very good for Tan, including wins here, so I will excuse his previous runs at the course. He’s weighted to win on his best form and has a good draw. So does Another Angel, maybe have a saver on him, saver is not a tip though. Have a feeling George may like this Angel too…

chrisiwyg 11/08/19 7:28 PM Reply

• HI Chris …………….
      Welllllll .. i do indeed like ANOTHER ANGEL ..but alsoTAN .. and NIBRAS AGAIN .. so have dutched the 3 as i always do anyway in mraces πŸ™‚

gl/gb πŸ™‚
      HAVE FUN !”

George B 12/08/19 6:42 AM Reply

• K5.20 Golconda Prince
    K5.55 Pendo

freezing1 11/08/19 7:28 PM Reply

• Had a count up last night and I need to find 6 bets today to meet the minimum competition requirement. Toyed with the idea of putting up 6 x 999.0 shots, and going all in on a miracle πŸ˜‰ ….but would be somewhat disingenuous of me to do such a thing, so I’m not. I think there could be some value in putting up Fisher Green in the 1.35 at 8.0, but it only beat a bunch of monkeys and no hopers in that maiden over C & D last time out, so it’s not really my kind of bet.

I’ll put the afternoon post up at 1.00 along with the update at 3.45.

Tim Hanson 12/08/19 11:38 AM Reply

• Is no jumps for me today, just too many ‘killer’ stats for my liking. So back with the aw update at 3.45, where I think I might be in with a chance of finding a couple tonight.

Tim Hanson 12/08/19 12:09 PM Reply

• HERE WE GO THEN .. HERE IS MY LAST DAY NO HOPERS πŸ˜‰
    AND MAY THE BEST MAN (OR WOMAN πŸ˜‰ )…………… BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY THE BEST HORSE…………… WELL ……….. WIN REALLY πŸ™‚
    5.20 Kempton 13 Melo Pearl
    5.30 Taunton 4 New Guard
    6.30 Kempton 6 Puzzle
    8.00 Kempton 5 Nafaayes (IRE)

Those lot should give someone a chance to come and pip me on the line ( as usual πŸ™‚ )

ALL THE BEST AND IT’S BEEN A BLAST JOSH THANKS πŸ™‚
    GL/GB πŸ™‚

George B 12/08/19 11:38 AM Reply

• How are you doing George?

I am 5/50, +34 BFSP = 68% ROI.

Good luck all.

martin colwell 12/08/19 12:09 PM Reply

• errrr ………….not very well after my first two of the night i am afraid Martin thanks πŸ™
        i am presuming someone is coming up on my blind side to nab me on the line .. you can’t say i haven’t given you all good chance ..lol πŸ™‚
        it is a farce if i have come anywhere winning this first tipping competition …i am not worthy of such accolades πŸ™‚
        hey hum i have broad shoulders πŸ™‚
        let’s hope my last 2 fair better (not expecting them to ? πŸ™ )
        p.s. i am still trying to work out how i do my roi …lol πŸ™‚

on y va !! gb πŸ™‚

George B 12/08/19 1:20 PM Reply

• Kem 5:55 Lothario

Mark B.

scoop6 12/08/19 11:38 AM Reply

• Clonmel
    2:15 Port Avon

Newcastle
    6:45 Rumshak
    7:15 Wise words

Good luck everyone

Warren Bottomley 28/02/19 9:56 AM Reply

• Hi all, my three for today.

LUD 16:10 MIDNIGHT GLORY @ 7.0
    N/C 18:45 ANOTHER ANGEL @ 8.5
    KEM 19:30 LE BORRACHO @ 8.5

14/61 29p +26.45 BOG 16.15 BFSP (ROI 25.65%)

G.L.
    Solent

solentmagpie 28/02/19 10:03 AM Reply

• Yesterday Eufemia won bsp 13.32.

Bets 19, won 2, +6.77 bsp, +7.00 available price.

Clonmel 3.25 Loch Luatha 18/1

Switches back to hurdles and is 15lb under his last chase mark.

Newcastle 6.45 Tan 16/1

chrisiwyg 28/02/19 10:06 AM Reply

• HI Chris …………….

gl/gb πŸ™‚
      HAVE FUN !”

George B 28/02/19 1:09 PM Reply

• K5.20 Golconda Prince
    K5.55 Pendo

freezing1 28/02/19 10:58 AM Reply

I’ll put the afternoon post up at 1.00 along with the update at 3.45.

Tim Hanson 28/02/19 11:40 AM Reply

Tim Hanson 28/02/19 1:00 PM Reply

• Did find a few of interest but nothing that comes close to making the minimum odds. My thanks go out to Hugh Taylor for putting up Mr Minerals. So that’s me done for the month with only the 14 bets. W2 L12 P/L +13.3 (BFSP) ROI 95.0%

Tim Hanson 28/02/19 4:04 PM Reply

• HERE WE GO THEN .. HERE IS MY LAST DAY NO HOPERS πŸ˜‰
    5.20 Kempton 13 Melo Pearl
    5.30 Taunton 4 New Guard
    6.30 Kempton 6 Puzzle
    8.00 Kempton 5 Nafaayes (IRE)

ALL THE BEST AND IT’S BEEN A BLAST JOSH THANKS πŸ™‚
    GL/GB πŸ™‚

George B 28/02/19 1:05 PM Reply

• How are you doing George?

I am 5/50, +34 BFSP = 68% ROI.

Good luck all.

martin colwell 28/02/19 3:32 PM Reply

hey hum i have broad shoulders πŸ™‚
        let’s hope my last 2 fair better (not expecting them to ? πŸ™ )
        p.s. i am still trying to work out how i do my roi …lol πŸ™‚

on y va !! gb πŸ™‚

George B 28/02/19 5:53 PM Reply

• Kem 5:55 Lothario

Mark B.

scoop6 28/02/19 1:27 PM Reply

• squat diddly again for me today πŸ™‚
    scores on the George doors :
    February tips competition = 66 bets 7 winners + £ 105.78
    ROI % = 59.09

I make it anyway ……Josh ?????????????????????

it’s made a boring February bearable …. thanks πŸ™‚
    gl/gb

George B 12/08/19 11:49 AM Reply

• George copy that into Fridays members post…. It’s profit divided by stake X 100… 105.78 (that 105.78 points profit to £1 bets bfsp?) In that case with 66 points bet that’s a 160% return on investment! I think that will probably win haha.

Josh 12/08/19 12:09 PM Reply

• squat diddly again for me today πŸ™‚
    scores on the George doors :
    February tips competition = 66 bets 7 winners + Β£ 105.78
    ROI % = 59.09

I make it anyway ……Josh ?????????????????????

it’s made a boring February bearable …. thanks πŸ™‚
    gl/gb

George B 28/02/19 8:58 PM Reply

• George copy that into Fridays members post…. It’s profit divided by stake X 100… 105.78 (that 105.78 points profit to Β£1 bets bfsp?) In that case with 66 points bet that’s a 160% return on investment! I think that will probably win haha.

Josh 28/02/19 9:13 PM Reply