Members Daily Post: 31/01/19 (complete)

1.All Qualifiers Against TTP Stats Packs

2.Any Tips/Notes (Daily Tips/Festival Tips/Best of Stats Tips)

1.All Qualifiers Against TTP Stats Packs

Fakenham  Abandoned.

Wincanton  Abandoned.

KEY

Welcome INFO: (please read/watch esp if new)

• Welcome Email: HERE>>>
  • Jumps Strategies: Where should you start: HERE>>>
  • Video 1: Section 1 explained/the 4 Jumps Strategies HERE>>>
  • Video 2: Longer welcome video HERE>>>
  •  Welcome Post, with more, inc all the above, HERE>>>

H1/H3= HorseRaceBase Top Rated or Top 3 Rated (at time of posting)

G1/G3 = Geegeez GoldSpeed Ratings (Dr Peter May) Top Rated or Top 3 Rated

I1/I3 =  Inform Racing Speed Ratings – Top Rated or Top 3

14,30 = Geegeez Gold‘trainer form’ indicators. 14 – 5+ runs last 14 days, 20% win sr OR 51%+ place (inc wins) sr. 30– 10+ runs last 30 days, 20% win sr OR 51%+ place (inc wins) sr

ES+ = ‘Elite Squad+’ = those angles from TTP stats pack with 10+ winners, 25%+ win SR

S1-S6 : S = ‘Strategy’ and refers to the ‘advised strategies’ in the link below. S1 = ‘Strategy 1’. Added on morning of racing along with the price. w1– won last start.  w2– won two starts ago

The Jumps Strategies: Where should you start? Some ideas HERE>>>

‘Jumps Strategies/results’: Jumps 2017/18/19 Read HERE>>> (updated to END NOV 2018)

Research Articles: (TTP reports/Test Zone//Big Meetings Notes etc) READ HERE>>>

VIDEOS: Members Repository: HERE>>> . All Public (non members only) Videos HERE>>>

2.Any Tips/Notes (Daily Tips/Festival Tips/Best of Stats Tips)

Daily Tips (2017:+110,2018: -22.2, 2019: -5.4 ) Big Race/Festival Tips (2018: +143; 2019 1/9,2p, -1)

Best of the Jumps Stats Quals? (Nov 1st 2018: 29/151,67p, +3.8, 1 point win)

None.

None .

Cheltenham Monthly Article: HERE>>>

NEW! Adam Norman’s latest article >>> HERE>>>

How to profit from ‘Kalaharry’ moving forwards?

Firstly well done to Gallou for plundering this winner at Newcastle, at rewarding morning odds of 14s +  , smashed in late to be sent off 11/2. Looking back he is the sort we should all be working hard to find, and I thought i’d dive into HorseRaceBase to help give myself a better chance moving forward. I tipped him to win two starts back (no, really) at 10s where he tanked through the race, the front two pulling clear and showing a determined attitude in the finish. He’d had some issues and that was only his 6th handicap hurdle run, on the back of a long lay off the run before where he went well enough over a trip too short. He’d already shown a winning attitude on his last run before his lay off. So, what happened last time? Well, he wasn’t out of form. He raced in a class 3 there off 106. The top rated was 131, the horse just above him was 114. (top rated was 111 at Newcastle) He was simply outclassed and probably ran to his level. That run was also after 18 days off, which may have been short enough given the effort at Hexham. He was bang there until 3 from home. At Newcastle he dropped back in class, with the top rated only 111. Quite the difference in opposition. He had 30 days off, got his ground and got a big field to be buried in (he is a strong travelling sort, which is generally a positive but will always need to settle, and the bigger the field the better) Anyway, he cruised through this, and put it to bed easily enough in the closing stages.

So, what can I/we take away…

I wanted to find some ‘starting points’ with that profile – handicap hurdle / won two starts back / dropping down 1 class…

Starter set of rules

• Today’s race Class 2-4
  • Handicap Hurdle (inc novice hncps)
  • Won two starts back  (LTO finishing position irrelevant)
  • Drop 1 class from Last Time Out
  • 16/1 or shorter SP (0/89,6p above this)
  • 2014 –

570 bets / 104 winners / 222 places (inc wins ) / 18% win SR / +102 SP / +201 BFSP / AE 1.05 / Chi 0.35

Now, they are a starting point, not to be backed blind.

From there we could get thinking, and for example determine just how well they won two starts back (also how far clear were front 2/3 of rest) , has the form been franked, are they still unexposed, well handicapped, is there a valid excuse for LTO (if they didn’t win) >>> race was too hot / outclassed / race came too soon/ needed the run / wrong ground / trip / track/  race not run to suit etc

It averages 111 ‘qualifiers’ a calendar year, 20 winners.

I should say Class 5 runs at -35 SP and they may be worth discounting, and given they’re generally more mediocre animals, it may make sense, but it does highlight winners at that level…

Let’s get digging… so, within that starter set above…

• 1-4 handicap hurdle wins: 76/403,120p, +205 BFSP
  • 3-6 career wins: 63/277,118p, 23% sr , +246 BFSP
  • Clear top, clear 2nd or clear 3rd in weights: 53/244,100p, 22% sr , +117 BFSP
  • Micro? 10-12 career RUNS: 27/86,41p, + 83 SP, +114 BFSP
  • Micro? 10-24 career RUNS: 62/261, 108p, 24% sr , +160 SP, +225 BFSP
    • within this angle:
    • Top 4 LTO: 32/105, 49p, 30% sr, +115 SP, +158 BFSP
    • 3 to 6 year olds: 35/123, 55p, 28% sr , +109 SP, +150 BFSP
    • Grade 1 or Grade 2 was highest class had RUN at in career: 10/37, 16p, +41
    • 9-16 runners in race (maybe ensuring evenly run, or more likely) : 29/137,52p, +154 BFSP

Hopefully those of you who like such stats chat take something from the above. I’ve saved the main system and will see if I can flag them. I intend to use the above to help with my own punting on here and we will see how that goes. I may try and apply similar thinking to chasers and see how they do.

• Lord Of The Glen Newcastle 17:50 1pt e/w 10/1
    Breathoffreshair Newcastle 20:00 1pt e/w 8/1

I am assuming jumps gets called off tomorrow so haven’t even looked. If not will have a look in the morning.

Nick Mazur 12/08/19 4:09 AM Reply

• Lord Of The Glen Newcastle 17:50 1pt e/w 10/1
    Breathoffreshair Newcastle 20:00 1pt e/w 8/1

Nick Mazur 30/01/19 7:01 PM Reply

• like Nick iv’e gone the AW route and found a couple i like at Southwell.
    2-40.Champagne Mondays 12-1
    3-40. Shearian 14-1
    both 1/2 pt ew

martin whittle 12/08/19 4:09 AM Reply

• Congrats on yesterdays winner Tim if you did not see my late post yesterday…Nothing from me today…may take the week off due to the weather. All the best to everyone if playing.

silver 30/01/19 9:17 PM Reply

• like Nick iv’e gone the AW route and found a couple i like at Southwell.
    2-40.Champagne Mondays 12-1
    3-40. Shearian 14-1
    both 1/2 pt ew

martin whittle 31/01/19 12:53 AM Reply

• more AW insanity
    Southwell.
    1-35, Pearl Noir 14-1
    2-05. Harlequin Dancer 45-1 4 places (don’t ask 🙂 ), Lock Master 10-1 (slightly more sensible )
    3-10. Sandridge Lad 4-1
    4-10. Luis Vaz De Torres 7-1

even more AW insanity for Newcastle later.

martin whittle 12/08/19 4:09 AM Reply

• A bit of all weather cabin fever going in here?

martin colwell 12/08/19 6:24 AM Reply

• In a desperate and probably doomed attempt to lever my thread up to 0 points for the end of the month. 1.35 Southwell 1pt Win Warriors Valley. 7/2
    Hugh

alpha2 12/08/19 4:09 AM Reply

• It is a long game Hugh, only another 11 months to go!

martin colwell 12/08/19 6:24 AM Reply

• RECENT TIPS
    Daily AW
    S 2.05 – Chica da Silva on 2nd run @ 33/28
    S 3.40 – Break The Silence on 8thrun @ 22
    S 4.10 – Esprit de Corps on 4th run @ 5
    N 5.50 – Cupacoco on 5th run @ 8
    GL

Titus 12/08/19 4:09 AM Reply

• No tips or system selections from me today. I a stop start month I am:

Tips – -9.25 points (room for improvement there)
    System selections – +11.25 points (OK with that)
    Golf Tips – +5 points (I got off to a good start but need to pick up)
    Actual Bets +26 points (with one day to go. My target is 100 points per month/on average in a year).

Todays bets so far:

3.40 Sou, Makaarim.
    5.50 Nc, Lord Of The Glen.
    7.30 Nc, Harbour Patrol.
    8.00Nc, Breathoffreshair.

1 point each way Yankee.

martin colwell 12/08/19 4:09 AM Reply

• Hi Martin,
      Interesting stuff – and you have certainly done better overall than most it seems! . Can i just ask for a bit of clarification please. Target 100 points a month? That seems huge – ie 1200 per year and more than double Nicks. So are these using 1 or 2 or more ? points per selection for instance, and more importantly (and i know it will likely be a challenge to pin down) if it is 100 (1200 in a year) how many points are likely to be STAKED for that figure to be derived from. Obviously if it’s like to come from 1200 points staked that great, but from 10,000 would put it in a different light! Apols if i have missed ‘the b…din obvious’ as John Cleese termed it. Just trying to get a sense of scaling and such as Bank needed for it etc. Thanks John

John Unitt 12/08/19 6:24 AM Reply

• Hi Martin,

So at the risk of sounding a little thick, does this yankee go down as a tip or a actual bet? Just checking on how you post it?

Thanks

Ben

921389 12/08/19 6:24 AM Reply

• COLINS BETS
    Southwell
    3.40 Zodiakos BOG 4/1
    3.40 Dashing Poet BOG 5/1
    4.10 Space Bandit BOG 9/4

ELITE BETS
    3.40 Southwell Dashing Poet BOG 5/1

Colin

cleafe 12/08/19 4:09 AM Reply

• Hi all, nothing from me again today.

Results as from 12/1/19

8/42 17p
    15.65 PTS
    20.50% S/R
    37.27% R.O.I.
    All to my figures!!!

All the best for February everybody
    Solent

SOLENT 12/08/19 4:09 AM Reply

• Hi Solent, well done indeed, that’s great!
      As a newbie, joined part way into December, just wondered if you had researched this for very long prior to sharing them? Obviously not asking your method of course but wondering if any more very general background on it please? Apols if i have missed earlier comments, i try to keep up with all of them every day. All the best for next month 🙂 John

John Unitt 12/08/19 6:24 AM Reply

• No bets from me today either. Is poor stuff even by AW standards. I’ll do a full breakdown on the month and post later, but I’m gonna take the rest of the day off I’m thinking.

Josh has gone very quiet on his new strategy (S2AP27/A) 😉 so I’m looking forward to a big announcement soon once the jumps gets going again 🙂 .

Tim Hanson 12/08/19 4:09 AM Reply

• Haha, no big announcement! Abandoned jumps meetings are the only quiet mornings I get all year when I don’t have to do anything if I don’t wish to, so I tend to treat those extra 3-4 hours as a sort of mini holiday, mentally! Two days without analysing a horse race is quite a delight in truth. I won’t touch the AW for various reasons.
      I do have some Saturday trends for Sandown to finish off this afternoon and hope that meeting goes ahead.
      my non daily blogging to do list never gets shorter! Flat TTP to start chipping away at and all the Chelt research to do etc.

Josh 12/08/19 6:24 AM Reply

• Re: Sandown the clerk tweeted ‘challenging but not a lost cause’

Think we need to hope its one where they get the forecast wrong though

Chris Sengelow 12/08/19 11:02 AM Reply

• more AW insanity
    Southwell.
    1-35, Pearl Noir 14-1
    3-10. Sandridge Lad 4-1
    4-10. Luis Vaz De Torres 7-1

even more AW insanity for Newcastle later.

martin whittle 31/01/19 8:55 AM Reply

• A bit of all weather cabin fever going in here?

martin colwell 31/01/19 9:59 AM Reply

• think your right Martin, bloody boring if i haven’t got a few races to go through and at £1 ew or £2 win i think i can afford a bit of madness 🙂

martin whittle 31/01/19 11:00 AM Reply

• I am off to the driving range later to try and get my ‘rusty gate’ swing going! Gets you out the house without towing three dogs around as normal. The second test starts today as well and I have laid England for an interest.

martin colwell 31/01/19 12:26 PM Reply

• You would be surprised at how quickly those £2 bets add up. My advice is always to keep the cash in your pocket unless you’re confident enough to tip it.

Nick Mazur 31/01/19 12:38 PM Reply

Hugh

alpha2 31/01/19 9:48 AM Reply

• It is a long game Hugh, only another 11 months to go!

martin colwell 31/01/19 10:00 AM Reply

• Cheers Hugh, easy as you like

Chris Sengelow 31/01/19 1:38 PM Reply

• RECENT TIPS
    Daily AW
    S 2.05 – Chica da Silva on 2nd run @ 33/28
    S 3.40 – Break The Silence on 8thrun @ 22
    S 4.10 – Esprit de Corps on 4th run @ 5
    N 5.50 – Cupacoco on 5th run @ 8
    GL

Titus 31/01/19 9:50 AM Reply

• No tips or system selections from me today. I a stop start month I am:

Tips – -9.25 points (room for improvement there)
    System selections – +11.25 points (OK with that)
    Golf Tips – +5 points (I got off to a good start but need to pick up)

Todays bets so far:

3.40 Sou, Makaarim.
    5.50 Nc, Lord Of The Glen.
    7.30 Nc, Harbour Patrol.
    8.00Nc, Breathoffreshair.

1 point each way Yankee.

martin colwell 31/01/19 10:15 AM Reply

• Hi Martin,

Thanks

Ben

921389 31/01/19 10:35 AM Reply

• It is a bet and not a tip!!! I do not usually post up bets as I have a few each day depending on what is going on and when I get info. If I post up bets I may post a few times a day, which I can do.
        I do not back my horse racing tips as they are not successful enough at present but I do back system selections at present. I have mentioned before how I bet. I record performance of tipsters/pundits etc on a spreadsheet each day and then it creates a graph which has a tipping point for who’s selections to include in bets. I have the time to do this as I am a full time punter.

martin colwell 31/01/19 10:44 AM Reply

• Hi Martin,

John Unitt 31/01/19 10:59 AM Reply

• I have also backed Portledge, 6.25 NC at 1.5 points at 11/4.

I stake £25 per point in a scale of 1 to 10 points. I bet on Horse Racing, Golf and Football and occasionally delve into other sports based upon what I become aware of. So 1200 points = £30K, which is aspirational but achievable. I do spend most of my time on exchanges or in visiting betting shops in Maidstone or nearby areas to get bets on. You need to hit two or three big ones each year and get 50% of it that way. So Yankees etc or ante post bets at odds, i.e. Bubba Watson to win The Masters or Vintage Clouds to win The Grand National. Nick M helped me out here in 2018 with two big hits in multiples and Josh found a 50/1 winner in a Saturday race. The rest you can get by grafting it out each day. I am playing lowball on horse racing at present due to the weather.
        The pressure on me is lessened a bit as I have pensions, have two buy to let houses and my wife works and so I do have other sources of income. But without winning by punting I dont get to go on holidays or buy a new car if I need/want one. I am 60 this year and so, as they say, have a wealth of experience.
        I am happy to post up bets once I am on.

Good luck.

martin colwell 31/01/19 11:21 AM Reply

• Thanks Martin, all interesting and helpful. I see where you are coming from with Nicks and i plan – as well as Singles for my main staking, plan to bet Doubles/Accumulators on them but at very small stakes. I m not in such a strong position with Stakes as you but with patience and application, plus a sensible approach to ‘Einsteins 8 th Wonder of the World’ – Compounding i trust i will improve my position. All the best.

John Unitt 31/01/19 12:01 PM Reply

• COLINS BETS
    Southwell
    3.40 Zodiakos BOG 4/1
    3.40 Dashing Poet BOG 5/1
    4.10 Space Bandit BOG 9/4

ELITE BETS
    3.40 Southwell Dashing Poet BOG 5/1

Colin

cleafe 31/01/19 10:20 AM Reply

• Hi all, nothing from me again today.

Results as from 12/1/19

8/42 17p
    15.65 PTS
    20.50% S/R
    37.27% R.O.I.
    All to my figures!!!

All the best for February everybody
    Solent

SOLENT 31/01/19 10:36 AM Reply

• Hi Solent, well done indeed, that’s great!

John Unitt 31/01/19 11:06 AM Reply

• Hi John, no problem at all. Basically, I read a lot of blogs and then anything that catches my attention!!! I place into G.G.s tracker, who then sends out an e-mail the night before. From there I do a bit of digging to narrow the list down to my three selections for the day.

all the best
        Solent

SOLENT 31/01/19 12:11 PM Reply

• Hi, ok, yes that sounds interesting. Many thanks, John

John Unitt 31/01/19 2:41 PM Reply

Tim Hanson 31/01/19 11:10 AM Reply

Josh 31/01/19 11:31 AM Reply

• I know what you mean about getting the odd day when you suddenly find yourself with time on your hands. Since they turned this game into a 7 day week industry it takes a lot of stamina to stay with it, and I don’t have to do lots of write ups and any blogging if I don’t want to.

Having said that I’ve decided to do one of those jobs that she’s been on my case to do for the past 6 months. I’m betting you’re a single guy Josh. I’d say it must be at least a 1/2 chance you are.

Tim Hanson 31/01/19 12:37 PM Reply

• haha, well I haven’t always been single, but would appear to be so at the moment. How could you tell!! 🙂

Josh 31/01/19 2:14 PM Reply

• Cos you would be having to do jobs around the house like me if you were. 🙁

Tim Hanson 31/01/19 3:48 PM Reply

• I wish I’d opened a book now….. could have made a few quid on an otherwise uneventful day there! 😉

Tim Hanson 31/01/19 3:52 PM Reply

• Re: Sandown the clerk tweeted ‘challenging but not a lost cause’

Think we need to hope its one where they get the forecast wrong though

Chris Sengelow 31/01/19 1:01 PM Reply

• wifes taken the mother in law for blood tests so i have a spare hour or two so we have………
    even more AW insanity.
    Newcastle.
    4-05. Home Before Dusk 7-2
    4-40. Lucky Lodge 12-1 ew
    5-15.Willow Brook 7-2
    5-50. Archimedes 6-1 ew
    6-25.Deansgate 9-2
    7-00. Orient Express 9-2
    7-30. Harbour Patrol 8-1 ew
    8-00. Breathoffreshair 6-1 ew

tomorrows chance of any turf racing does not look promising let’s hope something survives Saturday

martin whittle 31/01/19 11:27 AM Reply

• MY HRB SYSTEMS QUALIFIERS TO ADD TO THE AW SUICIDE SQUAD 🙂
    NOT TIPS ( OBVIOUSLY 🙂 ) JUST MY STARTING POINTS FOR HORSES WITH “THINGS” IN THEIR FAVOUR.
    1.35 Southwell 1 Piazon
    2.05 Southwell 3 Alcanar (USA)
    2.05 Southwell 5 Filament Of Gold (USA)
    2.05 Southwell 1 Sleepy Haven (IRE)
    2.05 Southwell 10 The Lock Master (IRE)
    2.40 Southwell 6 Geography Teacher (IRE)
    2.40 Southwell 7 Piccothepack
    2.40 Southwell 1 Tobeeornottobee
    3.10 Southwell 2 Coolagh Magic
    3.10 Southwell 1 Sandridge Lad (IRE)
    3.40 Southwell 6 Shearian
    3.40 Southwell 7 Dashing Poet
    3.40 Southwell 9 Mr Coco Bean (USA)
    3.40 Southwell 5 Zodiakos (IRE)
    4.05 Newcastle 1 Lopes Dancer (IRE)
    4.05 Newcastle 2 Trautmann (IRE)
    4.10 Southwell 5 Creek Harbour (IRE)
    4.10 Southwell 3 Esprit De Corps
    4.10 Southwell 2 Luis Vaz De Torres (IRE)
    6.25 Newcastle 3 Custard The Dragon ( just wondering why they are running it here and not at it’s beloved Southwell today ?)

GL/GB 🙂
    SOZ CAPS off 🙂

GEORGE B 31/01/19 12:11 PM Reply

• Thanks for pointing out Custard the Dragon George! Only backed it cos of what you said, cheers buddy!

Mark Curtis 31/01/19 7:43 PM Reply

• cheers mc 🙂 glad to be of service here on the dark side of the web 🙂 .. had a few nice winners placed there today … keeps me smiling anyway 🙂

lg /gb 🙂

GEORGE B 31/01/19 7:57 PM Reply

• Well…having said I would not put up any selections and having a rest over the past couple of days from analysing feel more refreshed so thought i would do four races at Southwell to see if the system is AW friendly in what is essentially at times bingo on legs…..Southwell a bit more predictable than other AW venues….Newcastle particularly difficult for me as is Wolverhampton so will avoid Newcastle…don’t advise any bets for any one as this is a way of testing how I look at a race….find it helps posting them to clarify my own thoughts as much as anything as well as giving the selections objectivity in the real world if that makes any sense..
    13.35. Gorgeous General and Divine Call joint top with Piazon 3rd in.
    14.40. Tobeeornottobee with Melgate Magic 2nd in.
    15.40. Zodiakos and Dashing Poet very difficult to split so jt top.
    16.10. Crosse Fire top with Luis Vaz De Torres 2nd in….the latter’s trainer has the best record in this age group according to the stats I use so at a big price of around 10/ is interesting.
    Enjoy the day and hope the jumps gets back on track (no pun intended)! soon.

silver 31/01/19 12:19 PM Reply

• Well..obviously not a good idea in transferring turf system to AW as the worst rated horses did a lot better than the top rated…just confirms my opinion that the AW is unpredictable and not worth chancing…low grade stuff, lack of consistent form makes selecting winners that much more difficult….hats off to those who can make it pay…..no jumps racing tomorrow and the only solid chance of racing Saturday looks to be Leopardstown with both Wetherby and Sandown questionable. Nothing from me tomorrow. Good luck to those playing.

silver 31/01/19 4:39 PM Reply

• Callum Rodriguez at Newcastle comes up trumps once more with 25/1 Tathmeen.

Max H 31/01/19 5:56 PM Reply