Hi, I'm Josh and thanks for reading my blog, Racing To Profit. Hopefully you like what you find. This is a place for horse racing fans of all levels and ability, bettors and non bettors. Here I, and fellow readers, share our opinions on horses and information that may help you find your own winners. Do say hi, we are a friendly bunch... and if you could use the 'share buttons' above that would also be appreciated :)

• Hey Guys

Has no one got any thoughts on the Curragh today ?

Kevin Gibbard 2 months ago Reply

• Plenty over in the members post. There’s a tip from Josh, a couple that Martin likes, Traf69 has posted several horses from one of his micro-systems and there are 3 LTO tips that have been played by Titus.

neilmck 2 months ago Reply

• I guess that was a back hand dig Neil ? Thanks at least for responding.
        Thank goodness for the Timeform 4 suggested today on P Power site 🙂

Kevin Gibbard 2 months ago Reply

• Ffos Las 16th September
    Ffos Las 1.50pm 6f Nursery

Previously seen
    Valentino Sunrise – Very fit, lightly made, lacks scope. 60
    Miss Vixen – Ho hum, stable mate of Greeley who won a 7f nursery recently. I was expecting another little rabbit but instead we see a medium to lower medium sized well proportioned filly. Fit but not bursting and ran well for 5f before getting outpaced. With 3 9’s in her form easy to see this one surprising in a 7f nursery from a low weight. 68
    Wolstonbury – Neat and small, archetypal Kodiac shape in miniature. Still quite fat. Given an interesting ride and may be ok at a lowish level as he really is small. Possibly 65-68.

Sybil Grand – Small and slow. 50
    Siona’s Boy – Lower medium plain type, well prepared by Dave Evans. 64
    This looks between those at the top of the weights. I saw Siona’s Boy in an early season novice and probably over-rated him. Both Miss Vixen and Wolstonbury looked like they were being prepped for nurseries but Wolstonbury is now very over exposed.
    Valentino Sunrise looks to be the progressing and is still 1lb under my rating and has another pound in hand due to 7lb claimer versus 5lb one last time.
    I thought Miss Vixen’s handicap debut would be over 7f as her three sighters were at 6f and she has the 7f look about her to my eyes.
    The Millman’s have already struck with a similar strategy with Greeley stepping up to 7f on H’cap debut and I am hopeful that I have dug another one out here. I am also encouraged in this belief by the choice of Rab Havlin on top.
    Apparently there has been plenty of rain and it may well be soft. Foxwedge’s progeny are not at their best on soft whereas Sixties Icons are fine so safety first here.

Selection 1pt e/w Miss Vixen, 1pt win Valentino Sunrise
    Hugh

alpha2 2 months ago Reply

• That went well, don’t think she liked the ground. Looked pretty grim.

alpha2 2 months ago Reply

• Money lent, Hugh, we’ll get it back next time.

Chris Murrell 2 months ago Reply