Hi, I'm Josh and thanks for reading my blog, Racing To Profit. Hopefully you like what you find. This is a place for horse racing fans of all levels and ability, bettors and non bettors. Here I, and fellow readers, share our opinions on horses and information that may help you find your own winners. Do say hi, we are a friendly bunch... and if you could use the 'share buttons' above that would also be appreciated :)

• A nr and -4 on the flat yesterday
    NH 1pt (could have had a place on Grams with some paying 4 plcs)

C 5.15 – Super Major @ 9/2
    Nb 3.25 – Almoreb @ 2
    4.30 – Carp Kid @ 11
    5.00 – Cheeky Rascal @ 10
    No 8.30 – Silca Mistress @ 9/2

Titus 2 months ago Reply

• GOLF BETS
    PGA Championship

Jason Day 1 point ew 22/1 1/5 8 BFSB 22/1 1/5 7 188 Sporting Bet 22/1 1/4 5 Marathon Bet.
    Hitting form at the right time,last 3 starts 12th 17th and 10th.Bellerive suits his game with his length and his short game with his putting,and he always plays well in the major events.

Patrick Reed 1 point ew 40/1 1/5 8 BO 365
    Patrick is another who performs on the big stage having finished 2nd in the PGA last year along with winning the Masters in April and finishing 4th in the US Open,40/1 to big a price.

colin leafe 2 months ago Reply

• Jason Day 1 top 10 in his last 7 majors, 2 missed cuts and a blow up at the WGC last week? Good luck but not for me this week!

Darren C 2 months ago Reply

• No joy in the WGC last week. Rory looked all set to deliver until the final round but then put his boom or bust game into gear and managed to avoid most fairways and spend time in bunkers! Also Xander Schauffele had a bad week and so there was a loss of six points.

I am still thinking through this weeks PGA and will post up selections tomorrow. Ridiculous that it is not on TV.

martin colwell 2 months ago Reply

• Martin
        I believe it is on ELEVEN SPORTS.

They have La Liga and Serie A but have taken the PGA for one year. Not sure where you get it but Kodi have it I am told.

mickeydee 2 months ago Reply

• yes I saw that. I may try to find it if I have a runner in the final round. It seems odd that someone would negotiate a deal with a provider who does not pay as much for coverage rights as a Sky or CBN etc?

martin colwell 2 months ago Reply

• Martin
            Further info on USPGA viewing.
            The good news for golf fans is that the USPGA will be broadcast for free, as Eleven Sports are offering customers a free seven-day trial monthly pass. The first two rounds will also be streamed for free on Facebook Live through the Eleven Sports UK page.

Sports fans will be able to watch coverage on their website or their app (for both iOS and Android).

mickeydee 2 months ago Reply

• Football – The Championship.
    Middlesbrough v Sheff Utd – Boro were lucky not to lose heavily to Millwall on Saturday. The home team ere cruising despite missing a few sitters but then decided to defend the last 10 minutes inside their own penalty box! Boro have a low shot data figure and have lost Besic and Gibson, with only Aden Flint joining of note. Sheff U lost their first game at home to Swansea. They have averaged 1.49 points away last four seasons but only 1.22 in The Championship. They lost 7 players pre season and gained 4 including McGoldrick form Ipswich and Egan from Brentford. They dont look to have improved from last season.
    I would go low scoring home win, 13/10.

Forest v WBA – Forest have low shot data figures over the last 4 seasons. They have averaged 1.46 points at home in that period. They had a big vlear out and let 11 players go. They brought in 7, including Grabban, Michael Dawson and Robinson from QPR. They look stronger this season. They drew their first match away to Bristol City.
    WBA are in a state of flux pre transfer window. They have lost 9 players so far including Ben Foster, Jonny Evans and James McClean. They have brought in 5, but young untried players. They look weaker now.
    So we would have to go with a home win at 6/4.

martin colwell 2 months ago Reply

• Please don’t take this as after timing but I think after putting up Ballistic at 33’s and Gregarious Girl at 20’s who both finished 3rd in the last week regular readers will understand my frustration here.

I had an early appointment at the hospital today and reading the RP on the train I noticed Boorowa in the first at Newbury and recalled a favourable write up posted on RtP. Bear in mind that my view is that generally a 75 from me is open maiden winning class.

Here is the write up. Boorowa – Likeable looking filly, strongly made, medium, unfit and probably will take a few races to show her ability. Potential to be 74 ish but trainer?

The day got away from me and so no time for posts or anything until now when I checked out the results. Maybe I would have maybe I wouldn’t, I’ll never know now.
    Hugh

alpha2 2 months ago Reply

• ah, that would have been a nice EW bet…did you have a go? well done, 125/1 3rd, lovely. We all have those occasions sadly. I’m currently half way to dusting off the OD kit for Kinloch Pride, looked at her for an age in members, tipping wise, dodged it due to trainer/ jockey form last 30 days. Easy with hindsight mind, only saving grace is that she was only 8s, annoying but can live with it just about!

Josh 2 months ago Reply

• No Josh, never got a chance to think it through properly. Should have been there if it wasn’t for hospital appt.

alpha2 2 months ago Reply