Free Daily Post: 13/07/18 (complete)

Newmarket Day 2: Through The Card

I’m off to Newmarket today with some friends and if the following all fall out the back of the tv it won’t have been a good day, punting wise…

1.50 – Maksab – two times CD winner, won well enough here two starts back. Ran well at at Ayr at a track that may not have suited..hopefully the return here and the climb to the line sees him return to winners enclosure. Gets plenty of weight from these and in a race lacking any out and out pace on paper, hopefully young Eagan has him in the right spot, and may even try and lead against the far rail.Β

2.25 – Main Edition – plenty to like about this winning machine and she should be the one they all have to pass on the front end. Hopefully she gets out and stays out. The AOB runner is a danger and may appreciate the step back up but in general I’ll side with those who I think will be on the front end here.

3.00 – Communique – Johnston likes winning this race and this one was well punted to win at RA when he looked like a non stayer to my eyes. Maybe returning 9 days after that effort wasn’t ideal LTO and we know MJs runners can just bounce back. I wanted something at a tasty price in this and I thought SDS may try and dictate from the front. Probably an decent EW wager as If he got an uncontested lead and IF he bounced back to his best, he should be in there pitching come the end.Β

3.35 – a no bet race really…if AC turns up she bolts up. The most impressive winner of the week at Ascot this is some star in the making.Β

4.10 – Al Mureib / Kuwait Currency / True Grit … well, this is a race to have some fun with for change and hopefully win some money to but a round of soft drinks! πŸ™‚ I’ve picked three at big prices but will have a look at them pre race and use my dodgy paddock eye.Β

4.45 – Elgin – I probably don’t want to wade in at 2s, but I’m not sure I want to oppose him. Given his jumps mark of 161 when last seen, you’d think he should have plenty in hand from this opening flat handicap mark. He is the most interesting in this by far and we shall see if he’s up to this level. He should be.Β

5.20 – Court of Justice – one with a different profile and given the number of meetings today maybe significant that Spencer is here to ride. It all came right LTO and the Haggas horse that was behind him at Beverley has since bolted up also. There was a lack of pace on paper in this, which may disadvantage the likes of the Hannon horse (or at least give them another obstacle to overcome) and while inexperience may do for this one’s chances, I just thought Spencer may be up there/try and lead. He’d be an idiot to hold this one up today now he’s learnt how to race and has won. A front running Spencer special please.Β

Hi, I'm Josh and thanks for reading my blog, Racing To Profit. Hopefully you like what you find. This is a place for horse racing fans of all levels and ability, bettors and non bettors. Here I, and fellow readers, share our opinions on horses and information that may help you find your own winners. Do say hi, we are a friendly bunch... and if you could use the 'share buttons' above that would also be appreciated :)

• Raheem Sterling words fail me on him just Youtube 1972- 73 Derby County 5 Arsenal 0,
    and watch Alan Hinton destroy Arsenal with his crosses and free kicks,football is about getting the ball into the attackers not all about pace.
    If Harry Kane was receiving this kind of service he would have been in double figures in the Word Cup.
    Alan Hinton could not run,could not tackle the fans used to call him Gladys but boy could he deliver a ball.
    Enjoy 8 minutes of sheer bliss and that includes you Arsenal fans.

colin leafe 2 months ago Reply

• Colin – That Derby team was exceptional; probably better than the Forest Team that Clough built to win the European Cup. They also had possibly the second most under-rated player of the era in Kevin Hector and the best Central Defender I ever saw at “reading the game” in Colin Todd. Even in his veteran stages when I saw him at Birmingham in 81-82 nobody beat him over 5 yards and that was all he needed to do as he read the game so well.

Of course, today’s players are playing with “beach balls” compared to what we played with, I’m not talking the old brown ones with laces but even in the 1980’s and 1990’s they were proper footballs that took proper technique to use properly, these modern things are so light as to be useless and no wonder they play in slippers now!

If you had a proper ball hit you in the nuts on a cold winter day 5 minutes in on a Sunday you would be still feeling it a week later, now you wouldn’t know you’d been hit…

Ian SP2A 2 months ago Reply

• Ian could go on all day about Clough’s Derby,started going the season before Clough arrived and Tim Ward brought in Kevin Hector from Bradford then he was sacked.
        Hector was underrated especially by England managers.
        John Mcgovern was the most underrated and that was by Derby fans yet Clough took him to Leeds and Forest and he won three league titles and two European Cups,what do we know about football?
        Colin Boulton goalkeeper another one underrated,used to go clubbing with Colin,and when we were playing Juventus in the semi final of the European Cup he met me in the Hurt Arms in Ambergate and gave me a ticket oh what happy days.

colin leafe 2 months ago Reply

• clawed some back yesterday, 9.375 @ bog, 7.5 @sp
    N 1.50 – Maksab @11/2
    4.45 – Hochfield @12
    Y2.40 Contango @4
    3.15 – Ravens Lady @14
    C8.30 – Notice @11/2

Titus 2 months ago Reply

• Hi Josh, I was there yesterday and managed the trifecta in the maiden (from four) other one finished fourth. I’ll be on the rail over looking the saddling boxes before the 2yo races if you have an opportunity to catch me.
    Here are yesterday’s reviews and today’s ratings.

Newmarket July 13th and review of 12th
    Arquana July Stakes 6f – Advertise
    Photo File: https://imgur.com/a/GaCxtJ2
    1. Advertise – it was a case of Advertise 1st the rest nowhere. His overwhelming physical superiority led me to have my biggest stake of the season. That said, I think it was a particularly weak renewal with probably only the winner being and possibly Legends Of War (if he had an excuse) being group horses. I rated him 87 on debut, 103 after the Coventry where I think he was unlucky and now he can go up to my Gp2 bordering on Gp1 level. 108
    2. Konchek – rated 95 after The National Stakes and I think he ran to that. 95
    3. Charming Kid – not a very pre-possessing individual but clearly has an engine. 89
    4. Dunkerron – Solid individual 88
    5. Sporting Chance – Stodgily made individual. Missed break and trundled through. 84
    6. Legends Of War – Very strongly made and muscled. Prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt and think something was wrong here. 90
    7. Van Beethoven – just ok, did not take the eye although looked fully tuned. 88
    8. North Wind – Smaller type. Pacemaker for VB but not up to much. 78
    Newmarket 6f Fillies Mdn – Lover’s Knot
    Photo file: https://imgur.com/gallery/YvmBNzG
    A good solid Newmarket maiden for fillies but nothing outstanding here I think.
    Lover’s Knot – Medium size, Athletic, well prepared, hard to understand market drift. 84
    Handmaiden – Medium, too heavily built to be able to shift herself as well as her potential suggests. 84
    Yourtimeisnow – Medium, athletic, big strong back end. Not given a hard time and would have won over 7f. 86
    No Way Jose – Medium size, a bit on the leg and downhill yet repeatedly took the eye. Appeared to be travelling all over the winners and jockey never lifted his stick. 86
    Poetry – Strongly made medium sprint build, even though she had had a run she did not look that tight. 82
    Lady Cosette – Taller rangy filly. Not hard fit for debut. Improve 80
    Antonia Clara – Smaller plainish type. Had the benefit of a run. 74
    Siberica – Likeable ready 2yo type. Not up to this standard but definitely a maiden winner at a smaller track. 75
    Shaffire – 75
    Strict Tempo – Ordinary 73
    Wingreen – A bit physically disappointing. Something not quite right around the back end. Missed break badly. 75
    Sunday Star – Lacking a bit of quality although ok size. 73
    Nostrovia – Very green and badly behaved, has some scope and can do better. Left race in paddock. 76
    Ip Dip – Maniac, low 70’s if she ever makes it to a racecourse.

Newmarket July 13th 2.25pm Duchess Off Cambridge Gp 2 fillies
    Ratings
    1. Angel’s Hideaway, Gossamer Wings
    2. All the others
    Too close to call without seeing them.
    Newmarket 4.10pm 7f Mdn for Colts and Geldings
    Ratings
    1. Allmankind, AlMureib, Art Du Val, Journey Of Life, Kuwait Currency, Machell Place, Mount Tabora
    2. Dombra, Nayef Road, Sameem, Tru Grit
    3. Maqadeer
    A feast of top rated. I have a feeling that Said Bin Suroor may want to make a point and Al Mureib may be overpriced, just a feeling though.
    Hugh

alpha2 2 months ago Reply

• Elgin? Have you lost your marbles?

Steve Mullington (@mulldog) 2 months ago Reply

• Almost a feast two days ago, an utter famine on Thursday; here are today’s weakest event bets:-
    250 I’m A Dreamer
    435 Normandy Barriere
    510 Racing Country
    520 Roll On Rory
    540 Bronze Angel
    620 Nazzaa
    630 Super Scorpion
    755 Rene Mathis
    830 St Marys
    850 Petrify.

chrisrees 2 months ago Reply

• 9 losers and a winner, BSP 6.42 net.

chrisrees 2 months ago Reply

• Josh, hope it is a profitable day out.

Easy to see why Elgin would be popular given his comfortable Catterick LTO win and the subsequent performances of the runner up.

But on official hurdle ratings Elgin is only 5lb better off at the weights with Project Bluebook [and the pair are probably closer still on known flat form] and there must be a question mark on fast ground for a horse whose preference appears to be soft to heavy ground.

At current best odds [12/1 v 5/2] I think I’d rather be with Project bluebook.

Good luck