Hi, I'm Josh and thanks for reading my blog, Racing To Profit. Hopefully you like what you find. This is a place for horse racing fans of all levels and ability, bettors and non bettors. Here I, and fellow readers, share our opinions on horses and information that may help you find your own winners. Do say hi, we are a friendly bunch... and if you could use the 'share buttons' above that would also be appreciated :)

• It’s late folks so no time for write ups.

All are worth a second look especially at the prices. As usual, DYOR…do your own research.

WOLVES

B 8.10 – Starboy @11/4
    8.40 – Kylie Style @33 poss e/w

Titus 3 months ago Reply

• GOLF BETS
    John Deere
    Zach Johnson 1 point ew 12/1 1/5 7 CO BO Betstars
    This course brings out the best of Zach and since 2009 his record is won,3 seconds and 2 thirds so he must go close again
    Steve Stricker 1 point ew 25/1 1/5 6 BF Unibet 888
    Have to go with the evergreen Stricker for his record here is second to none with 3 wins and last year he finished 5th which was his 8th top 10 finish from 16th appearances.
    Scottish Open
    Tyrrell Hatton 1 point ew 20/1 1/5 7 BF Unibet
    Enjoys links golf and he is in fine form having finished 6th in the US Open last week and a win here would move him into Ryder Cup contention
    Chris Wood 1 point ew 45/1 1/5 7 BF plenty of 45/1 available with different terms 40/1 1/5 8 SB PP
    Another who enjoys links golf and for me he is value at 45/1,he won the BMW and as had 3 top 10 places in the Alfred Dunhill which are both good guides for this course

colin leafe 3 months ago Reply

• In the John Deere I like Chesson Hadley at 33/1, 1 point each way. His game looks well suited to this course and has good form this year on the tour.

In Scotland I like last weeks runner up, Ryan Fox, at 50/1, 1 point each way.

I am on Tyrell Hatton and Tommy Fleetwood ante post for the Open and so would like to see some form from them this week.

Good luck.

martin colwell 3 months ago Reply

• Today’s runners against weak opponents:-
    145 Lexis Hero
    200 Octave
    230 Zumurud
    245 Marylebone
    315 Boots and Spurs, Cobalty Isle
    345 Khelman
    430 French Flyer
    500 Ferlinfeu
    540 Party Dancer
    700 Southport
    Y’day resulted in seven losers and a winner at 4.80BSP

chrisrees 3 months ago Reply

• Tuesday 10th July Windsor review and Wolverhampton
    Glorious Lover – Windsor 6f Novice Monday 9/7/18
    The writing was on the wall as soon as Swiper appeared in the pre-parade as he was very over excited and colty and lost his race before he went out. I will post the photo file later. The one to take out of the race was Indian Horseman who I was pleased to put up as joint 2nd top rated. An unusual position in which to find a Tuite runner. He was a physical match for Glorious Lover if not so fine tuned. I took 55s on BF but was too stupid to go e/w AGAIN!
    I went to the third place post in the winners enclosure and asked the stable lass if they were expecting that, she said not really as they were concerned that the ground would be too quick. Rab Havlin then came in and as he got off said to Joe Tuite something along the lines of ‘if I had not held him up I could have nearly won that’. One to follow although Mr Tuite often struggles to convert debut promise to results. This boy however has lots of scope.
    Wolverhampton 2.15 7f Novice Auction
    Ratings
    1. Curfewed
    2. Ocean Rouge
    3. Simon’s Smile, Theatre Of War, Wayfaring Stranger, Rosamour
    1pt win Curfewed .5pt e/w Ocean Rouge currently 28/s
    Sadly I failed to get a picture of Curfewed last week at Salisbury. I did select him e/w and seem to recall he was ok. I rated Ocean rouge 68 when I saw him last week which should be good enough to win this but the question is does his trainer want him to or is he here for a handicap mark?
    Hugh

alpha2 3 months ago Reply

• Curfewed undone by the draw and Ocean Rouge travelled easily behind the leaders then allowed to drift back and wide around the home turn and never put in race but could still only smuggle him back to fifth. I’ll be looking out for this one in nurseries Mr Evans.
      Hugh