I don’t mind admitting that I much prefer jumps racing, which is probably obvious for anyone who has been following the blog for any amount of time. At times this flat season (and some of the summer jumps in truth) I have been stumbling around like the local drunk, albeit the sprint handicap testing zone has shown some promise for future years.
But, none of that compares to a deep ground, 3m+ handicap chase in the depths of winter. Well, not for me anyway. In general I much prefer the winter game. You may be pleased to hear that I am not a ‘Festival Obsessive’ and unlike many you won’t find me talking about the Cheltenham Festival for quite some time. I will start to build up my excitement in February but I like handicaps and never look more than a few days ahead. But, that is just me. There is so much to look forward to day to day and weekend to weekend. I can’t wait.
With that excitement in mind…
TRAINER TRACK PROFILES: WINTER JUMPS DRAFT/TEST
What follows is a test ‘Profile’ for my upcoming track stats pack for the winter jumps season. I plan to release this at the start of October and there will be three options for those who want to get involved:-
- You can buy the guide as a one off, £37 (+ vat) There will be a track profile for every winter jumps track and it is the perfect companion to your winter punting whether you mainly watch from the couch or get to as many tracks as you can. It is packed full of valuable information.
- NEW- I have decided that for 6 days a week (I won’t promise every Sunday!) I will post a summary of potential bets, based on the profile pointers below, in the Members Area Forum. These will be posted during the afternoon/early evening before the next day’s racing and will provide a starting point for further research. This should save you a good bit of time and means you can then concentrate on looking at the horses in more depth. You can sign up to the Members Club HERE>>> (£10 per month or £97 for 12 months)
- Discount: IF you join the Members club you will get the above ‘daily notes’ as well as the option to buy the full report for half price, £18.5 (+vat)
I will discuss all of those options nearer the time. For now…
To this Test Profile….
For those of you who enjoy this approach and may buy a guide, your thoughts are welcome. It is a similar layout to last year.
The ‘general race type’ stats aim to find the ‘top 3’ for each section, most wins first.
I have tried to make the ‘micro angles’ more focussed and have added a few more areas. These stats will highlight the top trainer for each category, based on my subjective judgement (bets/win sr/profit/places/AE/consistency 2013-)
Stats cover the last 3 full years and 2016 to date. (2013/14/15/16-)
So, if you have any comments or thoughts then do fire away. Each track takes 40-60 minutes to research and this work will start in earnest next week.
Hopefully all of the categories are self-explanatory but if not then do say so. There will be a Bonus section as well, with a look at Ireland.
I have started with Warwick, so you get that one for free -no particular reason bar the fact I saw a tweet from the track advertising their first race meeting in September…
General Race Type
(handicap hurdles + handicap chases)
(excludes Handicap Hunter Chases and Handicap Sellers/Claimers etc. Also excludes Handicap Novice Chasers and Handicap Novice Hurdlers. Just looking at ‘standard’ handicap hurdles/chases, unless otherwise stated)
- Jonjo O’Neill: 53 bets / 10 wins / 20 places / 19% sr / +30 SP / +43 BFSP / AE 1.44
- J Scott: 12 bets / 4 wins / 5 places / 33% sr / +29 SP / +31 BFSP /AE 2.78
- Mrs Caroline Bailey: 13 bets / 4 wins / 5 places / 31% sr / +41 SP / +62 BFSP / AE 2.48
- Jonjo O’Neill: 36 bets / 7 wins / 11 places / +19% sr / +27 SP / +39 BFSP / AE 1.65
- Ian Williams: 18 bets / 4 wins / 7 places / 22% sr / +17 SP / +19 BFSP / AE 1.61
- Henry Oliver: 9 bets / 3 wins / 4 places / 33% sr / +15 SP / +17 BFSP / AE 2.29
- Mrs Caroline Bailey: 11 bets / 4 wins / 5 places / 36% sr / +43 SP / +64 BFSP / AE 2.67
- M Sheppard: 9 bets / 3 wins / 3 places / 33% sr / +7 SP / +10 BFSP / AE 1.73
- Kerry Lee: 4 bets / 2 wins / 3 places / 50% sr / +30 SP / +30 BFSP / AE 6.25
National Hunt Flat Races
- P J Hobbs: 11 bets / 5 wins / 7 places / 45% sr / +6 SP / +7 BFSP / AE 1.67
- Ben Pauling: 7 bets / 4 wins / 4 places / 57% sr / +19 SP /+20 BFSP / AE 3.77
- Nigel Twiston-Davies: 11 bets / 3 wins / 5 places / 27% sr / +4 SP / +5 BFSP / AE 1.89
( All stats refer to handicaps only- ‘standard’ handicap hurdles+chases, excluding all other types, as above)
- Miss V Williams/A Coleman: 19 bets / 3 wins / 9 places / 16% sr / +1 SP / +3 BFSP / AE 0.83
- Jonjo O’Neill/Class 4: 31 bets/ 6 wins / 11 places / 19% sr / +20 SP / +32 BFSP / AE 1.41
- Jonjo O’Neill/25-25.5f: 17 bets / 3 wins / 5 places / 18% sr / +8 SP / +10 BFSP / AE 1.59
- Jonjo O’Neill/Good: 15 bets/ 5 wins / 7 places / 33% sr / +15 SP / +17 BFSP / AE 1.87
- Jonjo O’Neill/Age 5-6: 26 bets / 7 wins / 12 places / 27% sr / +37 SP / +49 BFSP / AE 2.06
Handicap Hurdle Debut
- D Pipe: 4 bets / 2 wins / 4 places / 50% sr / +4 SP / +4 BFSP / AE 2.94
Handicap Chase Debut
- D Pipe: 2 bets / 2 wins / 2 places / 100% sr / +5 SP / +6 BFSP / AE 3.45
Horse Runs This Season
- Miss Venetia Williams/1-2: 19 bets / 4 wins / 9 places / 21% sr / +6 SP / +8 BFSP / AE 1.2
Horse Runs 90 Days: 0
- J Scott: 3 bets / 2 wins / 3 places / 67% sr / +29 SP / +30 BFSP / AE 10.53
Hopefully the above excites some of you, but in any case there is something there for you all to use at Warwick. Hopefully we will all be on Jonjo’s first decent priced winner there this season!!