Members Report: 29/02/16 (COMPLETE)

PLEASE NOTE: I am moving back up to Liverpool today (Monday). I should have internet at some point on Wednesday and I am sure I will find a way to cope in the meantime. I will try and ensure that you don’t notice a difference – albeit I will be quite busy away from racing for Monday/Tuesday. Bar the daily posts I doubt there will be much else going on, certainly before Thursday.

***

2.30 Plump – Saffron Prince (14/1<) 2nd

4.10 Plump – Ginnys Tonic UP / Mariet (both 20/1<) WON 12/1>9/1

***

That is all for today.

***

***

UPDATE: At some point I will write the weekly/monthly update and publish the results for you to download, at advised odds and BFSP. At advised odds I think the tips made just over +25 points. Compared to January that was an awful return! 🙂 That takes us to just over +113 points for 2016, and around +152 for the jumps season to date. Or, to £10 stakes… £250 / £1130 / £1520.

If you have been following any of the tips recently and wish to chip into the donations pot, you can do so below. Every little helps. Thanks to all of you who have donated this month, either ad hoc or on one of the monthly options. Without you I wouldn’t be able to keep the blog free at the point of use or be able to put in the time that I do. So, cheers.

ONE OFF DONATIONS OPTIONS…

Here you go Josh, I have had another profitable month, I would be happy to contribute… 🙂

£3 Today: Donate HERE  |£5 Today: Donate HERE£7 Today: Donate HERE  | £12 Today: Donate HERE | £17 Today: Donate HERE

Hi, I'm Josh and thanks for reading my blog, Racing To Profit. Hopefully you like what you find. This is a place for horse racing fans of all levels and ability, bettors and non bettors. Here I, and fellow readers, share our opinions on horses and information that may help you find your own winners. Do say hi, we are a friendly bunch... and if you could use the 'share buttons' above that would also be appreciated :)

• Good luck with the move Josh,hope it all goes to plan

tony 1 year ago Reply

• Good luck Josh with your move. Apologies for my tips for Sunday, especially Crank Em Up, who was put up by a serious punter and went from 9/4 (where I was on) down to Evens. However it was easily beaten by a Gordon (Trainer in form) horse. Significant loser for me.

On Monday I like Kilbree Chief at Ayr, the more of a stamina test the better. I follow Bradstock runners and they have Katarrhini in the 4.10 at Plumpton. Talking about trainers in form, Colin Tizzard, I have 120/1+ on his Cor Wot An Apple in the 2.00 at Plumpton on Betfair Exchange.

Martin Colwell 1 year ago Reply

• Hey new-ish member here, anyone know of a decent method/website to find out which bookies have offers on for that day, as oddschecker frequently doesn’t list them. For example today William hill did money back if your horse finished 2nd to sp fav, which saved me a point but wasn’t listed on oddschecker!

Vincent 1 year ago Reply

• Oddschecker has a bar at the top just above the bookie logos and BOG offers which gives details of special offers.

Tony Brannan 1 year ago Reply

• Hey Josh welcome back to the pool of life see one of the micro tips is caledonia thats a crackin pub in liverpool, gutted about today.

phil lloyd 1 year ago Reply

• Ah indeed that is a fine little drinking spot! Yep losing that way always tough but we have had our fair share of penalty success over the years,that’s why you have to really celebrate the wins. And if we are being honest, the best team on the day did win. Still hurts mind. Thankfully us racing enthusiasts always have something else to focus on next!

Josh Wright 1 year ago Reply

• As a life long Birmingham City fan I was rooting for you.

I recall losing to you on penalties in Cardiff in 2001 after extra time (I wont mention Mr Elleray and his not giving a blatant penalty to Andy Johnson LOL who then missed in the shoot out).

It was a great day, we returned to the same venue and won the play off v Norwich on penalties just a year later…

I will never forget the respect and general bonhomie on Liverpool fans towards us after the penalty shoot out, no gloating just respect for a lower level side who had played out of their skins…

Always rooted for Liverpool against the other top 4-5 teams since than and in Klopp I believe they have a manager who can rebuild them…Good Luck

Ian 1 year ago Reply

• I remember that play-off final in 2002. I’m a Norwich City supporter.

It was all looking so good for us when big Iwan scored. Agonising to lose in the shoot-out. First time we had ever been in the play-offs. Darren Carter scored the winning penalty didn;t he? He was a promising youngster but never amounted to much in the end.
        The Millenium Stadium was a fantastic place. I remmebr it was absolutely glorious weather in Cardiff that day. Chucked it down in Norfolk – normally the other way round!

Matt 1 year ago Reply

• Matt – it was a great day for us and another occasion when both sets of fans mingled and enjoyed the day.

We were all delighted when Norwich went up the season after as a result.

Yep – Darren Carter, a case may be of getting up was bad for him, he did well in 20 or so Championship games, but was not ready for the Premiership, he was a Blues fan and never really settled elsewhere, did Ok at West Brom but would ideally have had another season in Championship, now playing at Forest Green I believe?

One interesting thing I remember about that game was Karren Brady and Delia Smith shaking hands on a deal b4 the game that the winning team would give all gate receipts to the losers, logic was winners got Sky money and losers should benefit, I do recall Delia saying a year later that the money helped Norwich push on and go up…

Still look closely for Norwich results not in the least because of Cameron Jerome and Nathan Redmond and really hope you can stay up as first season always the hardest…

Ian 1 year ago Reply

• Yeah. Birmingham are having a decent season aren’t they? THink you’ve still got financial problems so doing well in the circumstances. Done well to stay in the Championship these past few seasons – it was very tight a couple of seasons ago, wasn;t it? I know you had problems with your home form last season though!

I did see Birmingham in one other ggaem – at Bramall Lane when I was at university in Sheffield. Students got in dirt chea that day so I went along. Think it was 2000/01 season. Might have been 1999/2000 though.
            Sheffield United had a poor season but they played really well that day. They won 4-0 Carl Asaba scored two and Paul Peschisolido scored the other two (obviously Karren Brady’s husband). He was on loan at Norwich a few seasons later for a short time too. Think it may have been the season of the Battle at Bramall Lane whe Sheffield United had three sent off against West Brom and the ref abandoned the game when two more Shff Utd palyers went off injured, meaning they only had six players on the field.

Matt 1 year ago Reply

• Am finding the 3.15 Ayr a real headache today. Nicky Richards has a hcap hurdle debutant, Takingrisks which looks interesting, plus Diane Sayer’s horse Octagon took the eye lto at haydock when seemingly all over the winner til appeared not to stay? anyhow didnt find much at the end of 2m 3f and 2m5f today. Btw both of which i thought may get a mention here in the systems. Maybe i’m getting it wrong again! Also like caledonia for Jim Goldie. H brooke has a good record when riding for Goldie. Would normally bet them all, but when in the same race against each other, not sure its worth it. Good luck today

James M 1 year ago Reply

• Hi James,unable to check the sayer rules but def didn’t come up in my daily qualifiers so there will be a reason there…age,days since run or class may be it,or one of those. As for Richards…cant remember what I said on video but to clarify they are NOT being posted in the daily system bets section. I will go back and decide which if any I should add but conscious of having too many. Beat advice is to track them yourself if you can.

Josh Wright 1 year ago Reply

• I think it qualifies on class and age. Distance today is 2m5f and 91 yrds, so i reckon its the 91 yrds that makes it a non qualifier. bit harsh if it wins! i will have a small amount on given the price 8/1ish and hope it stays. Appreciate you are busy with life, hope the move going ok. cheers

James M 1 year ago Reply

• All the best with the move.

graham ashford 1 year ago Reply

• excellent wins for mariet and kilbree chief top tipping!

Ian 1 year ago Reply