Members Daily Post: 13/09/20 (complete)

1.Tips

2.Trainer Profiles 2020: The Flat

3.Other Micro Angles

4.Monthly Trainers (Jumps)

5. Horses to Follow

6.Other/Updates

(Blog Content Explained: Updated:  Read HERE>>>)

1.Tips

The Flat 2020

(156 tips/19 wins/54 places (inc wins) /+41.1 points, advised/ +36.4 Betfair SP)

None on Sunday.

2.Trainer Profiles 2020: The Flat

None.

3.Other Micro Angles

Breeding/Sires

2.35 Curragh – Zawara

Jack Mitchell

3.05 Wolv – Jadoomi

4.35 Wolv – Rideson H1

5.35 Wolv – Goldie Hawk H1

Kevin Stott

2.45 Bath – Song Of Summer (16/1<)

3.45 Bath – Knockabout Queen (16/1<)

4.Monthly Trainers (Jumps)

None.

5. Horses to Follow

Losing Tips

2.20 Chelm – Vale of Kent (3rd run) H3

2.55 Chelm – Leodis Dream (1st run)

Eye-Catchers

4.35 Wolv – Make It Rain (2nd run) H3

6.Other/Updates

Did anyone use my trends better than I did to land on Stone of Destiny?

• Serpentine first run today since the Derby.
    Sepentine will silence critics, insists O’Brien, lets hope so!
    Colin.

cleafe 12/09/20 5:37 PM Reply

• Don’t know what happened to last night’s post but quick recap. only small stakes today/
    Chelms.
    2-20. Vale Of Kent £3 @ bfsp
    2-55. Watchable £2 @ 8.80
    3-25. Sanaadh £2 @ 13.50
    Curr.
    2-35. Lemista
    3-10. Sonaiyla
    3-40. Snowfall
    4-10. Military Style
    all £1 ew

martin whittle 13/09/20 9:50 AM Reply

• I use my own trends for large field / heritage handicaps, but I do keep an eye on your shortlists, just to ensure I haven’t missed something obvious. I also incorporate (steal) ideas from yourself and other sources. My shortlist comprised Soldiers minute, Mountain Peak, Stone of Destiny, Jawaal and Aricibo. I always prefer a bigger price and landed on Stone of Destiny after the draw was made. (20/1 BET365 Thursday) . I went through the race on Friday evening, looking at the pace angle, and decided to back Stone of Destiny again, and add Mountain Peak. (16/1 and 14/1). On Saturday morning read your BLOG, felt happy I was heading in the right direction and backed both again at 16/1 and 14/1 (Paddy Power 1/5 odds 6 places).

Keep up the good work Josh. I always enjoy your content, and the contributions made by your readers.

Karl Sykes 13/09/20 11:48 AM Reply

• Thanks for commenting Karl, much appreciated and reassuring to hear – and always pleasing when readers use the content, and to better effect than myself! Sounds like quite the return and for a 5.5f sprint, rather enjoyable in the final 2f, never in much doubt!

Had Ornate, high, not come out by time I looked I may have been closer – but there was pace up the middle, so in theory given stalls in centre that brings both sides into it I suppose- it’s not like it’s Ascot where they can split into 3. I’ve made some errors in approach again there – as he was the most interesting on my trends shortlist – got in my head nearside would be left behind (too blinkered on that) and maybe his win record, without watching enough of his seasons runs back/appreciating his mark – watching his races back again this season, esp Wokingham – he had the recent form in the book to do that over that flatter 5.5f which clearly is ideal – he doesn’t stay a stiff/6f. And of course he was one of not very many who were below their last winning marks, in a race lacking any thoroughly unexposed types working their way up the ladder. This now looks like a plan well executed.

Some pondering – I think for Saturday’s/Festival Days I may be better just focusing on the 1 big handicap, with my stats trends – 1 or 2 horses, job done. And go to town – and in a way which is more useful for readers outside of my own tips, and before a Saturday morning so time to dissect/use/ponder. And have some more fun with a more informative ‘ITV ‘through the card’ – think less, one horse in each race, odd stat/point of interest – not tips as such but some thoughts, maybe a video run through on Thursday afternoon/Friday to help analysis etc. I need to lighten up some of the content on those big days I think – and box it all off Friday afternoon – while I like attacking in the morning, getting up at 7 ish on Saturdays through to 10/11 just isn’t practical or desirable.

Josh 13/09/20 12:40 PM Reply

• hi josh ,
    good day for me yesterday ( stone of destiny as well 🙂 ) and with Warrens help as well and my hrb all things positive moving forward ….. also for me which was very very very interesting was the fact that I took onboard your gl moore angle .. adapted your jumps version to my uusual ‘enth degree on hrb ….. and also created my own flat version which has taken in all his big winners so far .. and it also gave 6.00l thechildrenstrust .. hey presto an angle to move forwward with .. thanks for your efforts as always

p.s. very sad / weird / worrying that a couple of hannon horses pulled up lame / went wrong yesterday ( no worse i hope ? 🙁 )

cheers
    lgb
    p.s. keep it up wb … u iz a winner

Anonymous 13/09/20 12:41 PM Reply

• yesterdays c3+ races we had 8 winners and 9 places. (note in the 4:05 i put line of reason when i meant lone eagle. line of reason ran the day before and i have no idea how i managed it.)
    my pick berkshire rocco finished second great result especially if you had the 33/1. nothing would of made me pick the winner so more than happy with that one.
    todays c3+ video replay list has 3 races at chelmsford so would be included in the all weather list and as its a quiet day ive gone over to ireland at the curragh as all of those races are c3+ and will be recorded as such plus the biggie at longchamp.
    for a bit of fun again today ive put my preferred picks for each race in capitals. (again could go badly wrong lol ) 🙂
    CHELMSFORD
    16:40 twilight payment / PASSION / soverign
    17:15 STREET KID / star of orion / bowman
    17:50 simsir / INSIGNIA OF RANK / kipling / keats
    LONCHAMP
    2:55 HIGHLAND CHIEF / port guillauume / english king

my picks
    DESERT SAFARI 11/1 (2:55 chelmsford)being given plenty of weight from everything else in the race and is now below his official first rating. not shown alot this year but he is only 3 so some improvement could come and conditions just may fall right for him today.
    HIGHLAND CHIEF 12/1 (2:55 longchamp) didnt happen in the derby and have yet to see if serpentine is as good as the result. i dont think he will be able to jump the field today. highland chief has done nothing wrong all season and run very well all season could improve further and is not without a chance.
    SONAIYLA 12/1 (3:10 curragh) solid form all year most notably last time out when a close second to glen shiel who went on to win the Group 1 sprint cup race at haydock last week. i think 12/1 overpriced on that form.
    thats all from me today good luck with your selections 🙂

warren bottomley 13/09/20 1:31 PM Reply