• – 3 on the flat, +16 on NH
    H 7.30 – Granite City Doc @ 7
    N 5.45 – Handsome Bob @ 8
    NH
    2.20 – Shady Glen @ 22 (poss e/w)
    3.30 – Whos de Baby @ 11
    4.05 – Mrajus Quest @ 15/2

Titus 31/08/18 9:43 AM Reply

• 31st August Lingfield review and Sandown nursery and 2 divs of a7f Mdn
    Ocean Rouge was described as never settling in the RP today and although he appeared to settle from furlongs 2 -5 he was then pulling again. Either he was being taught by Adam Kirby or deliberately never put in race or he is a dog. Can’t make up my mind but the hunch is becoming expensive to follow.
    Annecy looked a different class of animal in the pre-parade and won the race easily under hands and heels at a very nice 13’s BFSP. I have not had a tally up of where I am on season points on this thread and must do so soon.
    Sandown 5f Nursery 1.40
    I have seen a few of these and gave Li Kui 74 on debut and today after 5 races he runs off 74 which is very gratifying. Superceded I gave 75 and he goes of 73 so should finish just in front of Li Kui. I gave both Time For Bed and London Rock 55 on debut and uprated them after Goodwood to 74 and 68 respectively. I have Sussex Solo regressing on 60.
    The fly in the ointment is the draw as there is a strong advantage to the lowest drawn 4 here who are Slowmo, Time For Bed, Swiss Pride and Tizwotitiiz.
    I can see the argument for the favourite Across The Sea but he has not been ridden prominently to date and if he does not get away well I could see him struggling to get a run from draw 5.
    The two I like are Slowmo and Time For Bed drawn 1 and 2. Slowmo has not been that fast away to date but with the maestro Kingscote up drawn 1 must have a great chance of doing so today. Time For Bed seems to have an equal chance. The worry is I did describe him as a yak on debut. He does not have a sprinters back end but the Hannons know what they are at here.
    1pt Win Time For Bed, 1pt Win Slowmo
    Sandown 2.40 7f Mdn D1
    Ratings
    1. Alrajaa, Forest Of Dean, Guildhall, Jaleel, Rajinsky, Sovereign Grant
    2. Walkinthesand
    3. Dubai Instinct, Eden Gardens, Sea Battle
    Previously seen
    Alrajaa – Green and calling beforehand. Big and strong but daft. 89
    Conclusion
    Alrajaa deserves his favouritism but was very green on debut. If he displays similar characteristics then Forest Of Dean under the Rabbi Havlin may well be a serious threat as well as the Stoute and Beckett runners never mind Hannon.
    No bet without seeing how Alrajaa behaves although the 89 I gave him on debut equates to close to listed with scope to progress so he should be able to pick this up. A drift would be a major warning.
    Sandown 2.40 7f Mdn D2
    Ratings
    1. Almania
    2. Buffalo River, Coup De Gold, Dawn Treader, Divine Gift, Pegasus Bridge
    3. Goodwood Sonnet, Swiss Cheer
    Almania – Maybe a Stoute gradual development type. A bit upright and tubular, tall and will probably need a mile. Just a niggle about his overall shape. 79
    A similar pattern to D1 albeit looking a weaker division. Almania looks the likeliest winner by far but I rated him 10lbs inferior to Alrajaa in the first div so possibly vulnerable to a better type.
    Hugh

alpha2 31/08/18 10:13 AM Reply

• Just a follow up to the Lingfield races with some photos

Annecy and Hard Taskmaster Reviews Lingfield 7f Fillies Med Auction
    Annecy Photo File: https://imgur.com/a/tdoPu89
    Instructive for those interested to have a look at the contrast between Annecy and the favourite Chicago Doll. I rated Chicago Doll 67 on debut but I doubt she is much more than a 60 horse whereas Annecy although not looking fully fit here just has so much more scope, bigger throughout with a deep chest, athletic shape as opposed to the tubular chest/body of Chicago Doll. Both slope down from top of buttocks to crop more than I would like. Annecy a 75 with possibly potential to rate a little higher.
    Hard Taskmaster Photo File: https://imgur.com/a/CP3ebUz
    Just the three pictured here, the winner, the second and Ocean Rouge. Ocean Rouge stood out as a better size and scope than all, the first two home were next best and it was pleasing to see Duke Of Yorkie finally fulfil a bit of the potential I thought I saw 6 runs ago on debut and gave him a 70.
    Hard Taskmaster 68
    Duke Of Yorkie 65
    Ocean rouge – still the potential to be a 68 but as he was led back to the boxes I noticed that he does not really stretch out behind. He may still be a plot but I am beginning to worry that there is something limiting his ability to match up to his Physique.
    Hugh

alpha2 31/08/18 10:52 AM Reply

• just a small ew and ew double on these for me today
    Bangor 2-20. Shady glen 22-1
    Hamilton 6-55. Mukhayyam 12-1

martin whittle 31/08/18 11:19 AM Reply

• Today I received an unsolicited text from http://www.HQGAMBLES.COM.Has anyone had any dealings with this tipping organisation. Any info,would be appreciated. Thank you.

Bernard Buxton 31/08/18 11:40 AM Reply

• best avoid those I think!

Josh 31/08/18 4:16 PM Reply

• Football – The Championship

Saturday 5.30 – Millwall v Swansea – Millwall are strong at home, they averages 1.87 points at home last season and are unbeaten at home so far this season. They have been resting some of their better players recently in case they can sell them on an initial loan deal by the end of today. Swansea have lost their last two and had only one win this season and have scored more than one goal in a match only once this season. They have not yet come to terms with The Championship. The bet in a home win at 11/9 for 3 points.

Sunday 12.00 – Ipswich V Norwich – The Tractor Boys have not won in the leagues this season. They have lost 4 out of 5 matches but only by one goal each time. They averaged 1.43 points at home last season, which is not good. Norwich average 1.22 points away last season. They have won 3 out of 5 this season and can score goals. As it is a local derby the bet is a score draw and 1-1 at 5/1 and 2-2 at 14/1.

Good luck.