• Down 2 yesterday
    F 3.45 – Spice War @9
    N 5.05 – Full Suit @ 3

Titus 14/08/18 9:06 AM Reply

• GOLF BETS
    WYNDHAM Championship
    Henrik Stenson 1 point ew 20/1 1/5 7 CO 20/1 1/4 5 LA Sporting bet
    Defending champion at Sedgefield,has had discomfort in his left elbow,this is a course where you do not have to hammer to often,and would doubt if Henrik would start if he had any doubts.
    Brandt Snedeker 1 point ew 28/1 1/5 7 CO BF 28/1 1/5 6 Unibet 888
    Has 4 top ten finishes at Sedgefield including a 3rd on his last visit in 2016,this is not the strongest tournament and i expect Brandt to go close.

colin leafe 14/08/18 9:48 AM Reply

• Last week we managed places at 33/1 with Molinari and 14/1 Justin Thomas, what with the enhanced place terms for a major. The match bet was tied and so money back. So at total of 9.75 points up on the week. That leaves me minus 31 points for 2018 to date!!!

I will post tomorrow selections for this weeks tournaments.

martin colwell 14/08/18 11:44 AM Reply

• Tuesday 14th August
    An impressive run from Greeley yesterday reinforcing my belief that he was still well in. Looks to me as if he may have a fourth trip to the well in him now as that looked a better than 76 run although he did have the weight advantage.
    An interesting one today in Ocean Rouge at Ffos Las 2.45 over 7.5f. I saw Ocean Rouge on debut behind Forsetti at Salisbury. My comments that day were: Ocean Rouge – David Evans Should find a race for this one. 68
    I then saw him run 10th behind Almur at Newbury over 6f when he ran prominently for 5f before fading back.
    His third run was over 7f at Wolverhampton and he travelled well before fading and running wide around the top bend only receiving 1 flick down the neck. This really looked like a set up for a nursery run. However, the handicapper has not yet given him a mark for his 4th run (correct me if I’m wrong but I think the handicapper has the discretion not to allocate a mark if he suspects that he has not seen enough to make a reasonable assessment). This would lead one to think that he is running here again for a mark rather than to compete for the win. Hot Team, the favourite has won a Nov Auc and yet is rated 87. Anything finishing close up to him or beating him is going to be stuck with a ludicrously high mark so it should be interesting to see those keen for this not to happen struggling to get their mounts well beaten.
    No bet, but interesting to see how Ocean Rouge is ridden (by Keiran O’Neil who was on Greeley yesterday) in the hope that it tees us up for a nursery bet further down the line. Still 66/1 at present so I assume there is no chance of a punt today, let’s hope he is smuggled round and finishes well down the field.
    Hugh

alpha2 14/08/18 10:44 AM Reply

• Now that you have mentioned Ocean Rouge, I am duly obliged to back it at 66/1, as I cannot cope with horses that are a big price being mentioned and going unbacked for fear of them winning.

martin colwell 14/08/18 1:34 PM Reply

• I resisted that affliction. Hard to make any sense of his run. Appeared to be travelling comfortably until a bit squeezed for room, got lit up then settled briefly before being asked for an effort which fizzled out straight away. Drifted back very rapidly, only ever given one gentle reminder. If it wasn’t for the evidence of my eyes I would think he was useless. Let’s hope a) the handicapper concludes the same and b) he has not got a breathing problem or something and really is a plot horse.

alpha2 14/08/18 4:58 PM Reply

• Martin Whittle asked me to look at the 2yo races at Beverley on Thursday. I shall be on my hols so if Josh or someone could post this up on the relevant day that would be helpful.
    Beverley 2pm 5f Fillies Novice
    Ratings
    1. Glass Slipper, Rapture, Rosebank
    2. Que Amoro, Donnago, Ginvincible, Pringle

Que Amoro has a c&d to her name (5l in front of Rapture) and is well drawn. Has got an OR of 81 which is probably a bit high. I saw Glass Slipper at Goodwood and gave her a 75. She is getting 7lbs from Que Amoro less QA’s 3lb claimer.
    My guess is that it might be between Que Amoro and Glass Slipper with Rapture finishing fast late under The Flan.
    Of the rest Donnago makes appeal on debut for Brian Ellison from a good draw. Probably needs to be sub 8/1 if they fancy it.

Beverley 2.30 7.5f Nursery
    I’ve seen very few of these but I did see Pesci on debut at Newmarket and gave him a rating of 76. He’s been gelded since his last run, races here off 68 from the best draw. What could go wrong?
    Hugh