Nothing again today from me.
Share This Post:
A community committed to making racing fun, enjoyable and profitable in the long term. Josh
You can post comments in this post.
Write up and photos from last Friday
Newmarket 13th July review
Duchess Of Cambridge 6f Group 2 Fillies
Photo file: https://imgur.com/a/fmZwAt8
1. Pretty Polyanna – well proportioned, athletic, very fit. Just medium size and I think her superiority was exaggerated by the scrimmaging behind but still a deserved win. 94
2. Angel’s Hideaway – Heavy bodied lower medium strong filly. 87
3. Chaleur – 80
4. Gossamer Wings – Very fit, bit lacking in chest depth. Can’t see this one turning into a Clemmie or Roly Poly. 80
5. La Pelosa – Strongly made powerful filly. Chance gone when hampered. 88
6. Main Edition – Also mullered by scrimmaging. 85
7. Come On Leicester – Very much the small one of the bunch. 78
8. Alicia Darcy – outclassed 75
Newmarket 7f Mdn colts
Photo file: https://imgur.com/a/Gw7Z9lC
Race changed by the withdrawal at the stalls of favourite Art Du Val. Al Hilalee did not look fit enough to win in the way he did, then again nearly everything looked as though they needed the race.
1. Al Hilalee – big strong boy, lots more to come. 92
2. Al Mureib – Not as hard fit as one expects from SBS. Ok medium type 84
3. Mount Tabora – 84
4. Machell Place – Another unready one needing run. Good looking boy 80
5. Dombra – 75
6. Allmankind – Another big strong lad, maybe a bit short on quality behind and not fully fit. 79
7. Journey Of Life – Fully tuned but short on quality. 75
8. Maqadeer – Made the mistake of supporting this one but as a Hamdan horse trained by Ed Dunlop it would have been out of character for a debut win. Just had a look of athletic quality about him. Price suggests he may not be that special but I like him a lot. Strongly made, tad low slung but just looked as though he could run fast one day. 82
9. Nayef Road – Lightly made, looked a sub standard Johnston runner. 74
10. Tru Grit – 70
11. Sameem – Very green and stupid, not fully tuned but good athletic look. 78
12. Kuwait Currency – 74
17/07/18 6:57 PM
Yesterday profit @ bog 1.25, @ sp .875
C 3.00 – Princess Nearco @ 4
3.30 – Consequences @ 7/2
5.00 – Aelius @ 6
L 1.40 – Free Talkin @ 25 poss e/w
Y 7.15 – Victory Angel @ 5/2
W 7.30 – Spring Romance @ 9/4
8.35 – Silver Character @ 5/2
9.05 – Galloping Hogan @ 22 poss e/w
a couple of close quals
C 3.00 – leopard @ 8
L 4.10 – Greenview @ 7
18/07/18 8:53 AM
Mainly stating the obvious here and hoping I have picked the right Haggas runner.
Lingfield Wed July 18th 2 Divisions of 6f AW Fillies Novice
Div 1 Ratings
1. I Am Magical, Seductive
3. Capla Rock, Ajrar, Heidiava, Nervous Nerys
1pt win Thoughtfully
With Thoughtfully having finished in front of No Way Jose who I rated 86 I do not like the idea of taking her on. I Am Magical showed little for a Hugo Palmer debut at Doncaster. William Haggas has a 25% strike rate here with 2yos and with James Doyle up on Seductive from stall 4 to Thoughtfully’s 9 looks the most likely to cause an upset. No bet.
Div 2 Ratings
1. Isaan Queen, Swiss Air, Take Fright
2. Chonburi, Parisean Artiste
3. Roxy Art, Star At Midnight
1pt win Swiss Air
Isaan Queen is on debut for Archie Watson who is 27% with 2yos on the AW and is currently favourite. Swiss Air ran promisingly on debut behind Pretty Polyanna without looking to have too much asked of her. Take Fright lost all chance at the gate on debut but ran promisingly.
18/07/18 10:32 AM
Hi Alpha is Thoughtfully a bet because underneath you have no bet
18/07/18 12:19 PM
The “no bet” is for the second race. The 1 point bet is for the 210 race.
18/07/18 1:02 PM
One more Golf tip – Top 20 finish, Sergio Garcia, 13/8. He achieves this most years at The Open and so the 13/8 seems value. Good luck.
18/07/18 10:53 AM
Weakest event qualifiers:-
140 Indian Plains
200 Deia Glory
330 Lucky Beggar
350 Al Co
410 Dubai Landmark
500 Buyer Beware
745 Deeds Not Words
18/07/18 1:26 PM
Chris what exactly is the format to this system? Thank you if you don’t mind sharing
18/07/18 3:01 PM
Aaron, it’s identifying a horse facing weaker opposition (and not being a no hoper).
If you have any ideas about suitable candidates, short cuts or ways to eliminate horses from the shortlist then I’d like to hear them.
19/07/18 8:11 AM
Results: 2nd 5/2; L; W10/11: L; L; L; L; 2nd 8/1; W5/2;L; W7/2; 2nd 20/1; W3/1
Well, that was better turning a profit for win only staking and if those seconds had won it would have clear many of the earlier losses.
Can’t say that I did anything different, so I’m struggling to refine the concept.
19/07/18 8:06 AM