Nothing from me today.
GL with any bets.
Share This Post:
A community committed to making racing fun, enjoyable and profitable in the long term. Josh
You can post comments in this post.
Windsor Ginger Nut review from Monday 2nd July
Very poor race. Barely worth putting the pictures up. I had Ginger Nut on 70 from when I saw her on debut. Although she won this I doubt she is much more than a 65 horse. The only half decent animal was Robert Cowell’s Awarded who had some substance but was far from fit. He jumped ok and went fast for 3.5f before fitness told and he faded back to be 11th. Maybe he will need another race to get properly fit or he is a nursery project, still worth watching.
Photo file: https://imgur.com/a/cejTRt5
1. Ginger Nut 65
2. Starchant 63
3. Chyna 63
4. Symphony 63
5. Parisean Artiste nicely formed but miniature, limited by size. 58
6. Time For Bed Yak with no backend. 55
7. She Can Boogie Close coupled Yak 53
8. Capla Gilda Scrawny Yak 50
9. Vino Rosso – A bit of substance but like many of CBH’s ill mannered and stupid. Short of fitness and scope. 60
10. Sybil Grand – Small and slow. 50
11. Awarded – Low slung and slouchy, little muscle definition but enough about her to suggest some potential 70
12. Sylvia’s Mother says Sylvia’s busy, too busy to come to the race. May be a short runner. 55
13. Queen Of The Jungle – No photo, poor and small. 54
14. Tintern Spirit – Not a racehorse, biggish but no athleticism and not fit. Why does Milton bother? 48
04/07/18 9:46 PM
Newbury 5th July 2018
After yesterday’s winner Prince Elzaam we sit on a grand total of 19.38 pts. Having lost 13 since the beginning of Ascot. This is a pattern from most of my seasons so although I will continue to post up selections great caution is advised.
Newbury 6f Fillies Novice 6.15
1. Ascended, Swift and Sure
2. Cherry Cola, Cool Kitty, Kwela, Posted, Riverwing, Sufficient, Scintillating
No bet until I’ve seen them. Notes on a couple I have seen before below, this should be won by something better than them. Swift And Sure has the best speed rating but it would be no surprise to see her beaten here as she has had 2 fair opportunities.
Sufficient – Big ugly thing, unathletic shape but strength throughout, doubt she will be able to use it. 65
Choi Sung Bao – Better than shown here, a good illustration of how important a good 2yo jockey is. Danny Brock missed the break, panicked and rushed her up which got her over-racing so inevitably she ended up fading. How badly she faded is a concern but worth a considering nto if she has a different/better jock. 69
Newbury 6f Colts Novice 6.45
1. The Paddocks, Almurr, James Street, London Rock, Nefarious, Ocean rouge, Valentino Sunrise
2. Bullington Boy, Disruptor, Drumnadrochit, Ritchie Valens
Bet 1pt Win Almurr
The unraced James Street and Ritchie Valens may be the biggest threats. The Paddocks was put in his place in The Norfolk and I doubt he is good enough to give the penalty away here.
Almurr – an unflattering picture with Adam Kirby up does not flatter this one. Better to look at his unsaddled photo. Pretty fit and ran alongside Fanaar for most of the race. Adam Kirby uncharacteristically dropped his whip out a furlong out having given Almurr just one tap and he then coasted home. Room for lots of improvement here. 79
The Paddocks – Did not take the eye at all. Smallish, ok strength and probably one of those tough Hannon ones that will keep surprising. 75
London Rock– Small, looked fit enough, contested London Rock early speed but soon faded. Brighton seller next? 55
Yarmouth 2.50 6f Novice
1. Dark Vision
Ratings Bet .5pt reverse exacta Dark Vision/Alsimsaam
Haydock 2.30pm 6f Novice
If this simply between Hesslewood and Jonah Jones then I think that Hesslewood is going to offer better value as Jonah Jones will be overbet being a Tom Dascombe runner at Haydock. Hesslewood is giving away 6lbs for a 1.5 lengths but was very professional on debut as he had no cover.
Funbet 1pt win Hesslewood Bfsp.
05/07/18 1:09 PM
Thanks Hugh. Couple of nice wins and each ways in there. Had a little fun e/way double with James Street and Letsbe Avenue which was oh so close to a juicy win. Appreciate your insights.
05/07/18 9:55 PM