Members Daily Post: 18/02/18 (complete)

1.All Qualifiers Against Stats Pack/Ratings Pointers

2.Any ‘Notes’ (my subjective thoughts/’tips’)

1.All Qualifiers Against Stats Pack/Ratings Pointers

Little Jon (m1) 14 14/1 S2 UP

Alf N Dor (m1+m2) 14/1 S2

4.40 –

Hands of Stone (m1) ES 9/1 S3 UP

Hillary View (m1/m2) (hncp hurdle debut)  11/1 S2 WON 11/1>10/1

KEY

H1/H3 = HorseRaceBase Top Rated or Top 3 Rated (at time of posting)

G1/G3 = Geegeez Gold Speed Ratings (Dr Peter May) Top Rated or Top 3 Rated

I1/I3 =  Inform Racing Speed Ratings – Top Rated or Top 3

14,30 = Geegeez Gold ‘trainer form’ indicators. 14 – 5+ runs last 14 days, 20% win sr OR 51%+ place (inc wins) sr. 30 – 10+ runs last 30 days, 20% win sr OR 51%+ place (inc wins) sr

ES – ‘Elite Squad’ qualifiers:  Flat : HER     Jumps 2017/18HERE>>>

ES + – Elite Squad ‘Plus’ +   (rationale/ angles in link above)

S1-S6 : S = ‘Strategy’ and refers to the ‘advised strategies’ in the link below. S1 = ‘Strategy 1’. Added on morning of racing along with the price. w1 – won last start.   w2 – won two starts ago (tracking as of 15th Feb 2018)

‘Advised Flat Strategies‘: Flat 2017 Read HERE>>>   (updated to end 12th Nov – End of Flat 2017)

‘Advised Jumps Strategies’: Jumps 2017/18 Read HERE>>>  (updated to end 28th Jan 2018)

Research Articles: (TTP reports/Test Zone/Monthly Articles/Big Meetings Notes/David Peat Profiles) READ HERE>>>

IMPORTANT: Welcome Info  HERE>>> (please read) (inc must watch videos :))

2.Any ‘Notes’ (my subjective thoughts/’tips’)

Test/trial  : ‘NOTES’  (2017 Sept-Dec: 31/176, +110.75)(2018: 2/28,12p, -4)  (1 point win bets)

Notes – none today.

Jumps Angles

D McCain (14/1< guide)

4.20 MR – Freddies Portrait (m3) UP

Paddy Brennan (14/1<)

4.10 FL – Jennys Surprise WON 9/1>7/1 (7/1 after R4)

Handicap Chase Starting Points (10/1< best)

4.50 MR – Brown Trix W1 UP

Ah, Saturday was one of those days. My tipping friends at SP2A had 33/1 and 6/1 winners to add to the betting bank for any followers. My own efforts were a mixed bag. Yala Enki is yet another horse to win the race after I tipped them to defeat! It’s a growing list (Frodon 8/1, Wakanda 8/1, Itstimeforapint 8/1, Rathlin Rose 9/4, Yala Enki 14/1, in recent weeks!) and I really should give them more attention. I said that last season. Despite me thinking i’m a fast learner, at times I’m clearly not! Annoying that Silsol departed early as I have no doubt, given how that finished, that he would have been bang there. He is a dour stayer. I hate not knowing. Yala Enki has won by default but that was predicable pre race- you could make a case that plenty may finish as they did, alas I didn’t do that. 14/1 in the morning. Split stakes. Idiot. Urgh. Moving on.

Two of the Pipe’s horses went very close, esp the 33/1 shot… on another day he swoops past with the winner idling a bit longer! That’s the sort of luck we need. S2/S5 could do with a monster falling in. Agonising, the line just coming in time for the winner. Another ‘w1’ horse ran well. A winner for  ‘double top rated’ in Fortunate George and one for the ‘ES+ double rated’ angle. I need to update the advised strategies results link and will get that fully up to speed on Monday. I keep thinking everything will burst into life at some point. At least a few biggies out-ran their odds. Maybe a bumper month isn’t far off.

The race of the day was at Ascot. If you couldn’t enjoy watching Waiting Patiently and Cue Card do battle then you must have a heart of stone 🙂 What a race and the perfect finish for the heart really. It’s worth watching again.

Next week will all be about Cheltenham. I have a lot of work to do. And i’m off on a big family holiday from 1st-8th March to Suffolk, which will be tranquil. When your grandparents hit their early 90s you have to cherish every moment. It will be a working holiday but I want all trends/stats/profiles work done before I go. 14 races or so to get through and to pull together all the other angles/ideas, most of them building on last year’s report.

I can do most of that with Spotify on in the background.. if you have any music suggestions do fire them at me! The sort you can play in the background that allows you to work..i’ve a varied music taste…what should I be listening to?

• Hi Josh,
    Have to start with a BIG thanks to yourself for bringing me into contact with Ian and sp2. Been ripped off many times in the past and vowed never to pay for a tipping service again. I’ve always considered your subs money well spent and now I can add sp2.

Music…………where to start, some samples

easy to listen to in the background:

Mike Oldfield
    Bob Dylan
    Creedence Clearwater Revival
    Nat King Cole
    Simon and Garfunkel
    Eric Clapton
    James Taylor

If you can type and tap your feet:

Paolo Nutini

Yello
    Liszt
    Dvorak
    Carnival

That’ll get you started

titus_a_duxass 17/02/18 8:26 PM Reply

• Hi Mike…..i could add a few and i whole heartedly endorse your comments on Ian and Josh….
      O my addition….George Formby…..lol..” Ha Ha, you missed me”.
      Try and listen to a the Foghorn String Band….doing Reuben’s Train….now that’s musicianship of the first order…. enjoy…

Tony Mc.

tonymc 18/02/18 1:10 AM Reply

• What a awesome list and I thought I was the only Gong man not stoned out of existence.

To those I would add the incredible talent that is Steve Hillage (ex Gong) and also Barclay James Harvest.

Of the more modern era Katie Melua who really does imho have the voice of an angel.

Another personal favourite of the modern era is Beth Rowley and of all time Ruby Turner.

Finally Julianne Regan – ex All About Eve another voice to melt you away to wonderful places.

ianjordan 18/02/18 10:26 AM Reply

• What about America and “Horse With No Name”?

Chris Murrell 18/02/18 10:31 AM Reply

• Take your thought process to a different place with Pearl Jam and The Grateful Dead. You night just start seeing pink horses with wings whilst listening? Oh no, that was due to the drugs in the day. Crazy Man!

martin colwell 18/02/18 12:31 PM Reply

• Thanks for the list Mike, much appreciated!
      No problem, part of my job is to navigate through the crap for you. SP2A without doubt the best tipping service I have come across personally, fingers crossed for a good 2018! With any luck membership here and maybe there offers a decent portfolio with different approaches/experiences etc.
      Spotify is at the ready!

Josh 18/02/18 2:44 PM Reply

• what a cracking day all round yesterday rounded off by my son talking me into going halves with him on a £20 bet @ 5-1 WH on Groves to win on points 🙂 . insomnia isn’t all bad as it’s given me time to go through my betting accounts and update results and to show even an old dog like me can learn new tricks i took to heart some of the comments/advice from when i posted pre new year and have given up the notion of separate banks for different sources and now just think of it as a portfolio of investments, i now have 6 accounts and use whichever is best for each bet, since January 1st starting bank 2000 now 2790.55 up 39.5%.

martin whittle 18/02/18 5:19 AM Reply

• 5/1 was good for the boxer who had fought at the higher level but did not posses a true knock out punch. Well done on that. My youngest son had 8 friends around to watch it. Lots of Corona bottles and Pizza boxes about and the dogs after the leftovers. I have tidied it all up now though. They were all on Eubank JR. I told them Groves as he had fought at a higher level but you know the young, they dont listen. Henry Cooper v Brian London, now there was a slugfest! I used to know Nigel Benn. I used to see him walking his dog. He hated Eubank Senior and likely had a chuckle last night.

martin colwell 18/02/18 12:37 PM Reply

• Keep hitting crossbar and post and today I`ve only gone and picked the same as Josh… more crossbar hitting awaits no doubt.
    Thought Friday Night Light had it jumping the last, but, to no avail, Vivas snatching a place was a bonus though!
    15:35 FFos Las
    IVANHOE 25/1
    C & D winner, down in trip, ran with enthusiasm for a long way LTO, repeat of that should see him go close here, plenty of value here.
    PRINCESS ROANIA 13/2
    Tongue strap back on and hopefully will make a difference, from the Bowen yard also, who can do no wrong atm..

16:10 FFos Las
    JENNYS SURPRISE 8/1
    Has been rested and she remains well treated as a chaser still below her hurdles mark. Sent chasing early in her career and has won over an extreme distance since returning from a year off.
    BIG MEADOW 11/1
    Loves heavy going and made all last time by 12l. Can go well again and may be ahead of his mark.

There we go then…Probably just jinxed Josh, so, i`ll leave it there.

Stewart 18/02/18 8:21 AM Reply

• What a slog that was….FFos las it should be gors mawr!?
      Good job JENNYS SURPRISE had a break, it will need another one after that!!

Stewart 18/02/18 4:21 PM Reply

• Think we can be happy with that. Great ride from Paddy.

Josh 18/02/18 4:22 PM Reply

• Market Rasen…some notes for Andy that i would take with a pinch of salt, the head’s a bit sore!
    2.10 – Potters Saphire
    2.45 – hmmm… Samarayia / Northern Beau … SP2A have tipped Pretty Reckless/Jaune Et Bleu so could stick with those two.
    3.15 – Treshnish
    3.50 /
    4.20 – Midnight Merlot / Freddies Portrait (all about whether blinkers work I think)
    4.50 – Brown Trix

GL.

Josh 18/02/18 9:30 AM Reply

• Many thanks Josh,appreciated.
      Andy

Andy Ness 18/02/18 9:42 AM Reply

• Hmm, should have stayed in bed! A rare total blank on the ‘through the card’ apols, hope you had a good day nonetheless! Urgh. Should have gone to Ffos Las haha

Josh 18/02/18 5:00 PM Reply

• Try listening to Tangerine Dream ‘the very best of ‘.
    3hrs worth of chill on one album.

Chris 18/02/18 9:50 AM Reply

• My one contribution today is isle of ewe in the 2nd at market rasen. Off 115 and spanked a mare of Jamie snowdens last year by 28 lengths and she’s rated 125. Tom laceys stats are positive and has booked Richard Johnson.

Paul Ebrey 18/02/18 11:28 AM Reply

• Ffos Las 4:10 – Mystical Knight 22/1. Hasn’t kicked on from chase debut win but has now dropped 13lb from his original opening mark. Was keeping some good company a year ago and was priced to be competitive so worth a go at the price.

Chris

broadsword 18/02/18 11:45 AM Reply

• just one for me today i’m going to take a chance on BERTIMONT 14-1 3-15 MR , had a wind op during lengthy lay off back to c3 today after competing in a couple of hot races last year, only 2lb higher than last run in this class with 5lb claimer on board. £2-50 ew

martin whittle 18/02/18 12:30 PM Reply

• Grand Turina Market Rasen 14:45 1pt e/w-Wasn’t a million miles away in a very hot looking mares won by Woolstone One who has since gone on to win a listed mares race before finding 2m5f a little far. Drops back down in distance in an easier looking race. With several bookies paying 4 places and big question marks about the front two in the market I thought it looked like a decent bet. Venetia is definitely in form and is 1/2 here in handicap hurdles with Deutsch so she doesn’t send many here. Should be able to race prominently which is a plus.

Nick Mazur 18/02/18 12:38 PM Reply

• Nice to see the FOB spring offensive continue today with Jennys Surprise.Hopefully Petite Power 3.50 leicester can continue that tomorrow

gearoid180468 18/02/18 7:17 PM Reply