Free daily Post: 24/09/17 (complete)

Just the micros today…

MICRO ANGLES/SYSTEMS

K Lee Chasers (12/1<)

3.40 Uttox  – Jayo Time

Trainer/Jockey Combo – Live Test

1.40 Uttox – Aristocracy (12/1<, a guide)

3.40 Uttox – One For The Boss (16/1< guide)

Flat 2017: 60+ Day Trianers

3.30 Naas – Tuamhain (20/1<)

4.30 Naas – Imagine If (any)

That’s the lot for Sunday.

• In the Golf the Paul Casey backers must be sweating their investment now that he leads by 2? Based upon his final round record of him not seeing it through. The big guns are well back. I would think only Kisner and maybe if he storms it Justin Thomas can get him? Time to lay some off?

In the Portugal Masters my fancy Tome Lewis had an outside chance of a place at 55/1 if he can put in a low round. Four shots off the lead is Nicholas Colsaerts, who can shoot a low round. Available at 40/1 and worth a speculative few quid.

Good luck out there.

martin colwell 24/09/17 9:43 AM Reply

• Hi Martin
      Agree with you about Casey,when i put him up i said that i am not a great fan for he has failed to reach his potential,lets hope today he puts it right.
      If he blows it he will not be on his own for over the years many have had a three,four shot lead and lost.
      At least he is in contention on the final day,unlike Leishman who i could not fancy after one appearance at East Lake.

colin leafe 24/09/17 11:28 AM Reply

• Spieth has let me down. He seems angry with himself and is game is off. He may still have a good round today and accumulate enough points to win the thing overall? If he does not hold on Casey should hang on for a place for the each way angle.

martin colwell 24/09/17 11:38 AM Reply

• It is all about mental attitude to pressure some have it but many do not it will be interesting to see if Casey on one of his fav courses can be strong.
          one young man who as this is Matt Fitzpatrick who was our first winner a couple of weeks ago,i live about a mile away from the Hallamshire Golf Club where Matt started out,and the word was that his younger brother Alex,two years younger was the better player in his development at the same stage,but will he have the mental attitude like his brother will have to wait and see,he may not even make the grade who knows for he will have the added pressure of his brothers success.

colin leafe 24/09/17 12:06 PM Reply

• Hit a couple of crossbars yesterday but given we were a nose away from both placing it was a step in the right direction.

Bridane Rebel looks overpriced in the 16:10 at Uttoxeter. Won a novice hurdle over course and distance beating a 125 rated horse who has since won a class 3 with a 119 rated horse 26 lengths back in 3rd. He was was than stepped up in difference in handicaps twice since. They drop him back to 2 miles at Uttoxeter and put on a first time tongue tie. He gets a jockey upgrade with Henry Brooke taking the ride. Jenny Candish’s stable are in red hot form with 2 winners and a 3rd from her 3 runners during the past week. I expect him to run well.

The 15:40 at Uttoxeter looks like a competitive affair but I couldn’t have Vikekhal as the outsider of the field. His 3rd in a decent looking class 2 at Southwell two starts ago(runner up has since won a class 2 off 4lbs higher) represents one of the better pieces of form on offer. He steps back down in distance to 2m4f which will help. Trainer had his first winner for over a month this week. Appreciate there are several unexposed ones here but 20/1 last night (and even more the 33/1 this morning) felt too big particularly with Sky paying 4 places.

Nick Mazur 24/09/17 11:07 AM Reply

• “Bridane Rebel looks overpriced in the 16:10 at Uttoxeter. Won a novice hurdle over course and distance beating a 125 rated horse who has since won a class 3”
      ..That horse!! Comanche chieftain runs today 2:20P

ian straker 24/09/17 11:48 AM Reply

• I dont fancy anything today. Bowen has two long distance travellers in Fair to Middling, 2.50 PL and Flying Eagle, 3.40 UT. Not great prices though.

martin colwell 24/09/17 11:40 AM Reply

• Two for September loving Charlie Longsden, Vivas 2:40 U & Midnight Shot 3:40 U.

Chris Albin 24/09/17 2:35 PM Reply

• Well done. Yep does look like a month he targets,with last year a leap in number of runners… non handicappers wipe their face/not much value on face of it, systematically…but his handicappers since 2014-, were 15/37,25p, +30 SP before any runners today, 3/8,4p,+8 2017. Good spot.

Josh 24/09/17 3:02 PM Reply

• Certainly is his month, if you steer clear of novices its a pretty good micro with a consistent 30% + ROI on BFSP, even better if you stick to single figure odds.

Chris Albin 24/09/17 3:08 PM Reply

• You can have that one for free, the rest will cost ya!!! hahahaha

Chris Albin 24/09/17 3:09 PM Reply

• Well done with Vivas 🙂

joners 24/09/17 3:28 PM Reply

• Hmm, and the second one goes in! A little dart along with my bet on the 2nd there (ES qual) Well done.

Josh 24/09/17 3:47 PM Reply

• Well done Chris. That’s one of those odd times where I am left scratching my head as to how that one ended up so far ahead of mine given mine was 4 lengths ahead at Southwell and was only 1lb worse off and kicking myself for not backing it given I was drawn to the race looking at Midnight Shot before I went for mine given he was 3 times the price. This game does fuck with your head sometimes.

Nick Mazur 24/09/17 3:53 PM Reply

• hahaha, it certainly does mess us up at times!!! The only way I see it is it’s a game of fine margins and if a horse is at its peak with the right conditions they’re going to be thereabouts regardless of previous collateral form, it only takes the others to be a couple of percent below their best for that to happen I guess. I was nearly tempted to have a nibble at your pick as you write such sound write-ups, but I’m determined to be disciplined and stick to my guns with my micros even when the bad times come again and mess my head up again!!

Chris Albin 24/09/17 4:05 PM Reply

• Yeah I think the slightly slower ground might have done it. Spirits slightly lifted by a 2nd in the next one.

Nick Mazur 24/09/17 4:18 PM Reply

• Ha I was on Waldon Prince too!

Chris Albin 24/09/17 5:20 PM Reply

• Yeah me too. Kenyan also. Still I will take a steady dose of double priced 2nds all day.

Nick Mazur 24/09/17 5:26 PM Reply

• Some smart arse Posted about Longsdons September record 2 weeks ago 10/9/17 ..members section … Glad someone else noticed

joners 24/09/17 4:03 PM Reply

• I’m not a member so I guess I’m showing off now!!

Chris Albin 24/09/17 4:09 PM Reply

• Sounds like you should be then ! … top work today well done mate

joners 24/09/17 4:18 PM Reply

• Well done on your selections, lad and ladies. Today is one of those days where everything just seems to win! I love these days

aallen 24/09/17 5:23 PM Reply

• Thanks! All plaudits welcome , I don’t get many! Very good day for me…one or two more wouldn’t go amiss, been a flat couple of months on the whole.

Chris Albin 24/09/17 5:26 PM Reply