Members Daily Post: 24/08/17 (complete)

1.All Qualifiers Against Stats Pack/Ratings Pointers

2.Any ‘Notes’ (‘bet of the day’ + any other notes)

1.All Qualifiers Against Stats Pack/Ratings Pointers

Lake Chapala (HcH) H3 I3 10/3 UP

7.20 –

Ashcott Boy (all Hc’s,HcH) ES I3 16/1 UP

Miss Maiden Over (HcH) I1 9/1 UP

Ramore Will (HcH) H3 4/1 WON 4/1> 15/8

KEY

H1/H3 = HorseRaceBase Top Rated or Top 3 Rated (at time of posting)

G1/G3 = Geegeez Gold Speed Ratings (Dr Peter May) Top Rated or Top 3 Rated

I1/I3 =  Inform Racing Speed Ratings – Top Rated or Top 3

14,30 = Geegeez Gold ‘trainer form’ indicators. 14 – 5+ runs last 14 days, 20% win sr OR 51%+ place (inc wins) sr. 30 – 10+ runs last 30 days, 20% win sr OR 51%+ place (inc wins) sr

ES – ‘Elite Squad’ qualifiers from the report HERE

‘Advised Flat Strategies‘: Flat 2017 Read HERE>>>   (updated to 13/08/17)

‘Advised Jumps Strategies’: Jumps 2017/18 Read HERE>>>  (updated to 13/08/17)

Test Zone:  | CD Jockeys: Read HERE>>>| Irish Angles: Read HERE>>> C Appleby/York Ebor: Read HERE>>>

Welcome Email/Note: READ HERE>>>

Main Stats Guides (used for section 1 quals) : Summer Stats: Read HERE>>> | Jumps (all non summer only tracks): Read HERE>>

2.Any ‘Notes’ (‘bet of the day’ + any other notes)

None today….

Normal service will resume from Friday’s post, with all the main content posted Thursday evening, by 6am or so.

I arrived back in my flat at 5am, and am now going back to bed for a little while! 🙂 The head is refreshed in terms of horses etc as I did switch off as much as I could- the body maybe not so much!

Thanks to Mike in particular who provided me/us with the qualifiers against the stats- that saved me plenty of time and is much appreciated. And thanks to the rest of you who posted any relevant quals inc Nick/Neil and no doubt a couple more.

C.Appleby

Y 3.00 – Blair House UP / G K Chesterton (any odds) UP

Irish Jumps – H.Bromhead

K 7.00 – Tisamystery (any odds) WON 20/1 (30p R4) 14/1> 5/1

YORK EBOR: Haggas Micro #1 + #2 (both any odds)

2.25 – Special Purpose (m1/m2) UP

4.50 – Cristal Fizz (m1/m2)  UP/ Gheedaa (m1/m2) UP

York NOTES: Read HERE>>

• FLAT

Chepstow

2.35 – Whiteley (micro age)

3.10 – Pattie (micro age)

Delirium (aal Hc’s)

4.10 – Imperial Link (3yo+)

Coachella (all Hc’s)

4.40 – Ring Eye (3yo+)

5.15 – Panko (all Hc’s)

5.45 – Beis D’ Ebene (3yo+)

York

3.00 – Victory Bond (micro age)

El Hayem (3yo+)

4.50 – Cristal Fizz (micro age)

Gheedaa (micro age)

Ghadaayer (3yo+)

Angel of Darkness (3yo+)

Ham

5.10 – Colour Contrast (4yo+)

Swiss Lait (4yo+, micro age)

6.40 – Gulf of Poets (all Hc’s)

Whats The Message (micro season runs) ES

JUMPS

Strat (summer)

4.55 – Kublai (micro going)

Font

4.45 – Chicksgrove Sprite (all Hc’s, HcH) ES

Rob Robin (HcH, micro class)

6.20 – Novis Adventus (all Hc’s, HcH) ES

Lake Chapala (HcH)

7.20 – Ashcott Boy (all Hc’s,HcH) ES

Miss Maiden Over (HcH)

Ramore Will (HcH)

TESTS/SYSTEMS

C.Appleby

Y3.00 – Blair House (any odds)

G K Chesterton ” ”

Irish Jumps – H.Bromhead

K7.00 – Tisamystery (any odds)

titus_a_duxass 23/08/17 5:43 PM Reply

• Thanks Mike one less thing for me to do there.

Here are ALL the runners for the five trainers Josh identified for the Ebor Festival:
    Haggas:
    3.00 York Flaming Spear
    4.50 York Caridade
    4.50 York Perfect Madge
    Cumani:
    3.00 York El Vip
    4.15 York Aljezeera

Unless I missed any today we just missed out on a 16/1 winner by a head from 4 qualifiers (2 2nds from 4 picks so at least they were thereabouts). I will try and see what qualifies tomorrow but has been a busy day so wont be up for a couple of hours at least.

Nick Mazur 23/08/17 6:28 PM Reply

• Have re-posted with qualifiers (brain fairly dead so sorry if I missed any)

Haggas:
      Q2.25 York Special Purpose
      3.00 York Victory Bond
      Q4.50 York Cristal Fizz
      Q4.50 York Gheedaa
      OMeara:
      1.55 York Chatburn
      Q3.00 York Bravery
      Q3.00 York Firmament
      3.00 York Mythical Madness (may become Q if 25/1 or less)
      4.50 York Lincoln Rocks (may become Q if 8/1 or less)
      Ryan:
      Q1.55 York Hey Jonesy
      Q3.00 York Flaming Spear
      Q4.50 York Caridade
      4.50 York Perfect Madge
      Cumani:
      Q3.00 York El Vip
      4.15 York Aljezeera

Nick Mazur 23/08/17 7:44 PM Reply

• After hitting the post a few times the Ebor stats are off the mark with a double priced winner. Those 1 season run stats improving to 4/6 +41.

Nick Mazur 24/08/17 3:09 PM Reply

• Flaming Spear?

Paul 24/08/17 4:09 PM Reply

• Yeah thank god Lincoln Rocks was backed into 8/1 since that made it winner no. 2.

Nick Mazur 24/08/17 5:01 PM Reply

• I was on Lincoln Rocks at 14.5/1 and so a welcome winner from the micros.

martin colwell 24/08/17 5:35 PM Reply

• Hey Josh hope you had a good flight home.

I’ve just been going the the York card with geegeez (I’ve not been using it while in Ibiza), and I’m liking the new red indicators for cool form. Will you be adding these to the stats like you do for the green hot form?

Gavin

Gavin 24/08/17 7:07 AM Reply

• That should see cold form 🙂

Gavin 24/08/17 7:08 AM Reply

• Now I’ve put see in stead of say think I’m still in hoilday mode haha

Gavin 24/08/17 7:11 AM Reply

• Hi Gavin, yep i did notice the introduction of those.. at this stage I don’t plan to introduce any more – and I try and avoid negative pointers as they may end up putting people of more winners, than avoiding losers say. I will no doubt use the info in my own analysis and when it comes to the ‘notes’ bit but at the moment I doubt i’ll be adding them in.
          Hope you had a good trip… we had so much fun. A bit shattered as I write but great fun!

Josh 24/08/17 9:50 AM Reply

• Yes agree with you about they may put people off a winners.

Had a great time we got back home for 2:30pm yesterday so I’m not too bad, although as it was a family Holiday didn’t have any late nights really 🙂 (Seeing all the young kids partying out there, did start to make me feel old and I’m only 38 years young)

Gavin 24/08/17 10:45 AM Reply

• One that could be interesting today is Tulip Dress in the 5.45 at Chepstow. Trainer is 1/2/2 places at the track and only sending 1 today and its over 150 miles from their stables. SDS is riding and they’re 4/6 when teaming up. Been running ok in class 5s now dropped into a class 6.

JamesP 24/08/17 8:46 AM Reply

• Good luck with yours James. I personally like Jacksonfire in that race. Was a 1 length 2nd in a class 5 when 10lbs out of the handicap so is effectively racing off 10lbs lower in a class 6. Trainer is in good form and jockey is 4/20, 10p when riding in flat handicaps for him. Horse has placed in 3 of his 4 trips to the track so thought it was a nice bet.

Nick Mazur 24/08/17 10:51 AM Reply

• The other two I liked today was Chelsea Lad in the 15:00 at York (Been gelded since and was 2nd over course and distance here behind a horse who went on to win a group 1 and is only 2lbs higher. Has a nice draw and I like the Atzeni booking given he has a better record here than most of the top jockeys.) and Distant Past in the 18:10 at Hamilton (Drops 5lbs and jockey takes a further 7lbs off. In a class 4 for the first time this year. Effectively 4lbs lower than his last winning run. Jockey in good form and has a good record riding for Ryan. Trainer has a very good strike rate here.

Nick Mazur 24/08/17 1:10 PM Reply

• Left it until the last one but nice to keep the recent good form going particularly when it doubled in price before the off.

Nick Mazur 24/08/17 6:14 PM Reply

• Stupid racing post commentator called it a winner before the official result FFS

Nick Mazur 24/08/17 6:21 PM Reply

• Gah that was an unlucky second, leading then headed in final furlong but was battling back just not getting there in time. I had the luck with photos yesterday guess it’s too much to ask 2 days running 🙁

JamesP 24/08/17 5:58 PM Reply

• Gary Priestly’s Nap is in the 5.45, Big Chill… thats the beauty ( and why its sodding hard ) of the sport we all have different opinions.

kevin 24/08/17 11:41 AM Reply

• Well at least one of us is likely to be happy 🙂 Your right, many ways to skin a cat and all that. Prob best to leave races were there are a few contenders with reasonable claims. GL Nick, would be nice if one of us gets home first.

JamesP 24/08/17 1:41 PM Reply

• Josh returns, and the ES horses start to fire again. Welcome back 🙂

Neil 24/08/17 6:54 PM Reply

• That was good fun to watch. Albeit in fairness my absence seemed to snap the Jumps ES into life on day one of my hols! Book-ended.

Josh 24/08/17 6:55 PM Reply

• I’m not sure we should be taking any chances mate. You landed at 3AM and we have had 2 Decent priced Ebor winners, a tripled rated winner and now a double priced ES qualifier. If Ashcott boy wins the next we are going to have to find a way to keep you grounded in this country 😉

Hope you had a good trip.

Nick Mazur 24/08/17 7:03 PM Reply

• haha quite… and De Bromheads has just won… 20/1 (30p R4) so 14s, late money into 5s.. may have had a nibble.
          Yep very enjoyable, I would go back. A good mix of activities. Plenty of pool/reading/sun time, a few good nights out, two pool parties.. one active, one more chilled. Plus the wedding which was special. All in all, rather good. Was nice to not ‘think horse’ after hitting the complete button on day’s post.

Just now need to catch up with all the results etc etc!

Here’s to Ashcott romping home!

Josh 24/08/17 7:08 PM Reply