Free Daily Post: 16/08/17 (complete)

MICRO SYSTEMS/ANGLES

K Lee Chasers (12/1<)

7.50 Bang- Sage Monkey

J Fanshawe/Kempton

8.40 Kemp- Envisaging (any odds)

A decent 12/1 winner yesterday livened up what had been a quiet week to date… today I take a horse of interest from the Members’ Club… my jumps ‘tips’ have been doing better than their Flat cousin, which for long term readers won’t come as much of a surprise! 🙂 But, they will both be fine long term, ever confident…

Bet of The Day…  (test) (Flat: 6/59,21p, -10.9) (Jumps: 9/61, +26.5) (total: 15/120, +15.6)

4.00 NA – Khismet – 1 point  win – 6/1 (gen)

Below is a video from today’s Members’ Post which you may as well watch if you wish. It touches on some general points for Members’ and has a look at a few interesting runners, including this one, and a couple more that caught the eye from the list of ‘starting points’.

Khismet – well if you don’t want to/don’t have the time to watch the video… in short 6/1 hit my price cut off and I think it is a couple points too big.. unexposed in handicap hurdles and a CD winner at the back end of last year. This is her 3rd start after an extended break and it could be she is now at peak fitness, returned to this venue. That would make plenty of sense. The trainer is in decent form and I thought she was well worth a go. It is summer jumping so anything could happen but I’d be disappointed if she wasn’t thereabouts at the finish. Hopefully her younger legs see off a few of the rivals in here. She has to prove she is up to C4 but there have been valid excuses for those three runs and at the price I was happy to dive in.

VIDEO:

• Had a small w/p in the 515 Beverly Star of Lombardy. A bit of value at around the 10/1 mark. Negs are draw but to offset that we usually/ can get away well. From a gd yard in form and jock who is riding well. Won at Epsom on Gd/2fm off 71 and off 73 today which still looks fair. Can forgive a poor run at Brighton lto in better company and if a going day can out run the odds today.

james 16/08/17 11:02 AM Reply

• GL James, yep he is a qual on my CD Jockey angles/test in members’. I wouldn’t worry about form with that yard, they can seemingly bounce back into form from nowhere. Had had a small bet on him, hoping Alphabetical Order may do the business, but either would be ok!

Josh 16/08/17 11:31 AM Reply

• I enjoyed the video Josh, enjoy Ibiza.

Two for me today, 4.20 Sal Haulani and 1.50 Sal Exceedingly Diva. It looks hard today and so no big bets.

martin colwell 16/08/17 12:21 PM Reply

• Your dead right about jock stats just had a look. Def a plus 10/1 def to big . Stable in gd form so no worries there. My niggle was the draw but hoping he gets her out well. Cant rule out Alphebetical order but i always question a lay off of over a year being a bad injury so like to see them show something and since returning has not shown a thing but this track could spark that 1 back into life. Open enough race and i just look for value and the winners take care of themselves. Here is hoping. Doing a jockey test myself but not easy to find the time. How you dont tie yourself up in knots with 3 hrb accounts i do not no. I struggle with the 1

james bull 16/08/17 12:50 PM Reply

• Hope you have a great trip Josh and thanks for the video. I am on as usual but I am afraid I am taking you on with Amarillo Grove. I thought his re-appearance 2nd at the track was eye-catching considering he normally doesn’t run well fresh. He than ran ok in a class 3 race and was still in contention when falling. Assuming that hasn’t left any scars I expect a bold run at his favourite track ground and distance (3/6, 4p over course and distance on good ground or better). It’s interesting that Best is back on board given he is 2/6 on him. We should know early on if he does well given his last five wins he has made all unlike his recent starts so given there isn’t a massive amount of pace should be a plus. Trainer in ok form recently and has a good record at the track.

The other one I liked was Fethiye Boy in the 14:50 at Salisbury. Won a strong looking class 3 race two starts ago with the 3rd following up in a class 2 and the 8th and 9th winning class 3s. His next start may have come too early (or given his stable mate won he wasn’t meant to). He is only 2lbs higher than his win and this is a much easier race on paper. I think the return well help and it’s a plus he gets the rail. Like Morris takes over in the saddle which is a definite upgrade. There is a lot of pace here however the same seemed to be the case 2 starts ago.

Btw if you want Josh I can post the jockey/track combo qualifiers when you’re off since I think I have them all on HRB.

Nick Mazur 16/08/17 1:11 PM Reply

• Hi Nick… thanks, will try and relax!
      Well you won’t get me putting you off any horse in a NA handicap hurdle! You make a good case for yours and if he runs his race/builds on reappearance, you’d think he would be thereabouts. If I can make a case for a qualifier at the prices that’s enough for me.. a 1-2 maybe, we shall see in which order! Mine may just be a C5 hurdler. GL

Well any help/anything that saves me time/ is appreciated. Suspect wont be too many quals but if you post in comments in Members’ that would be great. Cheers

Josh 16/08/17 1:18 PM Reply

• Well done Nick, all went a bit wrong for mine at start albeit I won’t look for excuses.. your winner more than covered the bet and may have left some change over for an airport pint.

Josh 16/08/17 4:06 PM Reply

• Good to know the first drink of the holiday was on me than 🙂 Nice drift too. Will do my best to assist you to pay for the rest of it.

Made up for the other one falling out of the back of the TV.

Nick Mazur 16/08/17 4:14 PM Reply

• cheers Nick for Amarillo Grove had a nice saver on it more than covered my other bets.

martin whittle 16/08/17 10:15 PM Reply