Members Daily Post: 20/04/17 (complete)

1.All Qualifiers Against Stats Pack/Ratings Pointers

2.Any ‘Notes’ (subjective views mainly, on some of the qualifiers)

1.All Qualifiers Against Stats Pack/Ratings Pointers

Jumps

Cheltenham

3.50 –

Lamb or Cod (all hncps + micro TJC) 5/1 UP

Upswing (micro class) H1, G3 3/1 WON 4/1

4.20 –

Big Easy (all hncps+ hncp hurdle+ micro TJC) 14/1 UP

Solstice Star (all hncps) 8/1 UP

Luccombe Down (all hncps) 14/1 UP

Rolling Maul (hncp hurdles) 14/1 2nd 10/1 (painful)

5.30 -Mark’s Folly (NHF) 5/1 UP

Salvatore Fury (all hncps) G3 10/1 UP

Dandyleekie (4yo+) G3 8/1

4.00 –

Maraakib (4yo+) 25/1 UP

Chancery (4yo+) G3 15/2 UP

Final (micro TJC) H3 14/1 2nd 6/1

2.Any ‘Notes’ (subjective views mainly, on some of the qualifiers)

Nothing again today. 4.20 has some big priced horses in-none leaping out at me with all having the odd questions, Rolling Maul probably the one proven in conditions and well handicapped, having had a quick glance. Don’t let that put you off the others if you like them!

Blessed To Empress… It would appear that share idea wasn’t very popular with only a couple of you showing an interest. So, I will ditch that idea on the head. I may just buy one for myself and share any relevant trainer updates etc within the members area. I am in pondering mode.

Hugh Fowler’s (member) Weekly Roundup of the 2 Year Old action can be read HERE>>>

Craven Meeting Trainer Notes: CLICK HERE TO READ/DOWNLOAD>>>

Newmarket Craven Notes

(all Gosden runners, 7/2< is a positive)

1.50 – HilarioUP / Tommy Taylor 3rd 16/1>8/1

2.25 – Castle Harbour UP

3.00 – Brando WON Evens

3.35 – Benbatl UP/ Gulliver UP/Larchmont Lad UP/ Rivet 2nd

4.10- Coya NNQ(16/1<,as with all Hills) / Manaahil UP

4.45 – Rising UP / Tamleek WON 3/1/ Grieg Hall UP / Hold Sway / Oasis Charm 2nd 25/1

5.20 – Mystique Moon

• Hi Josh,

T 7.00 Peppay la Pugh ( micro age)

titus_a_duxass 19/04/17 7:00 PM Reply

• Cheers! Dont you ever go on holiday now! 🙂

Josh 19/04/17 7:04 PM Reply

• LOL, If I get the ok from doc’s to ride my bike after next blood test you’ll be rid of me for TT week at least.

titus_a_duxass 19/04/17 7:21 PM Reply

• If you are only one short for the racehorse ownership I will chip in. I will use some of my Gosden winnings.

Martin Colwell 19/04/17 8:13 PM Reply

• Nope it’s a couple. I will leave it. Not worth the hassle now. I will go it alone I think, and add any value via the members posts that I can, in terms of trainers thoughts etc.

Josh 19/04/17 8:23 PM Reply

• If you have several shares I would be interested Josh but I have personally found its not as fun going racing on your own. Different prospect if there was several of us from here going.

Nick Mazur 19/04/17 8:49 PM Reply

• Cheers Nick. I will leave this one – rare that would have been able to do anything as a group etc. One day there will be a RTP syndicate! That day won’t be just yet mind.

Josh 19/04/17 9:04 PM Reply

• hi josh
    just asking looking throuhg your stats for today well done
    on newmarket / trainer distance what is 6-6.5f.ect
    i thought 6 from 6 at 5f
    or can you tell me
    thanks

russ 19/04/17 10:13 PM Reply

• Hi Russ,

it is the distance that the following stat relates to.

6 to 6.5 (or 6 to 6 1/2) furlongs. That is how HorseRaceBase marks distances using tool I use when looking, which just covers rail movements etc I think, or if distance is actual 6f, 80 yards or something.

the record over the distance then follows, so will hills…

 C Hills/6-6.5f: 2/8,4p, +4 SP, +4 BFSP

That is Charlie Hills over 6 to 6 1/2 furlongs. he is 2 from 8, 4 places total (inc wins) .

In that example what did you think the 2/8, 4p related to? If you thought it was 6/6 at 5 f?

Josh 20/04/17 10:11 AM Reply

• I actually know one of the owners of Rolling Maul.

They love the horse, couldn’t explain the last run when they really fancied it.

Hard horse to predict but they fancy it again today. Rewarding odds if runs up to it. Fits nicely with the bowen handicap hurdle qualifiers at Cheltenham

Matt 20/04/17 8:39 AM Reply

• Cheers Matt- yep if on a going day he should run well- handicap mark down now, likes conditions, and one of the few in here proven on ground,class,course,distance. And who is below a last winning mark. Can see the case, and at his price may be worth a small interest. You never know what you are going to get with him. GL

Josh 20/04/17 10:00 AM Reply

• Hi Josh….. I went to renew my subscription…but I see it’s still Pay Pal….are you not doing Click-Bank yet……tell me what I owe you for a year and i’ll send it on…. Will cheque still be ok.

Cheers,
    Tony Mc.

tonymc 20/04/17 11:40 AM Reply

• Hi Tony,
      yep CB not up yet as a subscription option, once the stats guide push out the way I will get my brain focused on such things – pulling that guide together + sheer amount of action at this time of year/stats research etc seems to have taken up all my time.

Drop me an email and we can discuss there… info@racingtoprofit.co.uk

Josh 20/04/17 11:43 AM Reply

• Hi Josh, any chance you could let me know how many handicaps Dettori has won at Newmarket in the last 3 years?

David 20/04/17 12:15 PM Reply

• Hi David,

A quick dive into HRB…

2014-

Total: 8/84, 29 places (inc wins) , -45 SP, AE 0.53

Rowley: 0/35,8p
      July: 8/49, 21p, -10, AE 0.85

Gosden: 2/15,4p, -6 (0/9,2p Rowley)

Josh 20/04/17 12:23 PM Reply

• Thanks, so he is 0 from 35 on today’s course?

Do you think Castle Harbour and Shamrokh can rectify that?

David 20/04/17 12:29 PM Reply

• He would appear to be. Well my Craven stats as above relate to the trainer only, nothing to do with the jockey.

Now, with such jockey stats you would be looking at whether they can ride the track. Well, we know he can. There are not many better on the Rowley I don’t think, we have seen that already the last two days.

So, it will be more about the type of horse and the trainers he rides handicappers for. It can’t be anything to do with how he rides the track I don’t think.

I wouldn’t personally be put off any of his just on those stats, if you like the price etc.

Josh 20/04/17 12:33 PM Reply

• Well not quite as good as last two days at Newmarket, Tamleek as ended the three days on a high for the stats has Mystique Moon is a non-runner in the last. With my bet of the meeting Eminet although not from the stats, has made sure that I have got a good profit from all three days. Well done Josh with the Craven Meeting Trainer stats.

Gavin 20/04/17 5:03 PM Reply

• I only put two bets on today, Final (14/1) and Rolling Maul (11/1) both finishing painfully 2nd!

Dan 20/04/17 10:30 PM Reply

• Yep, I may have had nibbles on both also, to win only- and they were very painful to watch, esp Rolling Maul. But,a good sign that these biggies are running well enough. A few decent places to keep confidence high. But it would be nice for another couple to now go in!

Josh 21/04/17 9:53 AM Reply