FREE DAILY POST: 12/03/17 (complete)

No tips as such today. I had a brief look at the marathon chase at Warwick. Carli King is a TTP horse, although not a ratings pointer one which may have made me a tad more confident. I have thrown some small money at him at 7s given the yard form, his decent run LTO, the fact I thought they may try and make all and that he stays. I am a bit concerned about the going – never thought he wanted it too soft, unraced on heavy, hence the apprehension /lack of confidence on the tipping front – and I haven’t been through the other runners in the detail I like to when ‘tipping’ as such. Anyway, he should be up there for a time.

Shortly there will be a guest post from our Hunter Chase expert Darran Pearce, who has a runner by runner guide for the Fox Hunters.

MICRO SYSTEMS/ANGLES

Tom George Chasers (any odds)

2.50 War – Arctic Lady

Trainer/Jockey Combo – Live Test

3.35 MR – Karisma King (12/1<)

That will be all for today.

• was going to put up Pearlita in MR 4-40 but n/r has reduced field to 7 might still have £2 @ 22-1

martin whittle 12/03/17 9:50 AM Reply

• Happens every time Martin…it gets me riled up. R B’s….but of course the bookies have nothing to do with it.
      I wait til near the off now in fields of 8 or 16 but I know you can lose the price. The bookies know were mugs really…lol.

BOL Martin.

tonymc 12/03/17 12:23 PM Reply

• On a quiet Sunday before the hype and hysteria of the coming days thought i would write a little a little survival guide

Set a daily budget and stick to it, the most important thing is to enjoy the spectacle, having a winner is nice, but there will be racing again on Saturday
    A winner at Sedgefield or Hexham will pay the same, last year I had no bet on the opening Tuesday but had 3 winners at Sedgefield
    Should you have a TTP membership, there will be plenty of angles, which ever you choose, set a budget for each one, dont expect to strike gold with the first bet, jump ship and miss the winner on Friday
    Have a guilty pleasure, might be a trainer or jockey you like to follow, mine will be following the exploits of Paddy Brennan and Fergal O Brien against the bigger battallions, tilting at windmills maybe.
    Make use of any bookies concessions,though read terms and conditions carefully,all may not be as they seem.
    Enjoy the racing and remember the sun will rise again on Saturday

gerry 12/03/17 12:04 PM Reply

• Spot on Gerry…I’ve been known to blow it on the first day…budget that is….lol

BOL mate.

tonymc 12/03/17 12:20 PM Reply

• Bet to win unless you can get 5 or 6 places concessions. Watch Davy Russell in handicaps especially chases, the on course bookies will squeeze the markets, look for value, trust the stats, don’t drink too much Guinness, it slows the brain.

Martin Colwell 12/03/17 10:11 PM Reply

• Well I didn’t have a penny on personally since we weren’t quite sure if it was the ground LTO or not but that was beauty to watch!

Nick Mazur 12/03/17 4:10 PM Reply

• I did wonder where the pre race tips was haha. Yep did that well. Clearly a thorough mud loving stayer which is exciting for next couple of years . 1st time cheekpieces helped as well maybe. (Didn’t note that pre race which is kind of thing you miss when flicking through) trainer said pre race it may have been too quick LTO and turned into a 6f sprint. Well done.

Josh 12/03/17 4:25 PM Reply

• Probably would have fallen if I tipped it up. I actually went for Carli King which seemed to be like a good e/w bet 🙁

5% of the prize money softens the blow I guess.

Nick Mazur 12/03/17 5:11 PM Reply

• Carli has an all the way win in him soon when getting better ground. Was too heavy/sticky in the end I think and jockey did plenty,mark may drop again. Travelled and jumped superbly for most of the way.

Josh 12/03/17 5:22 PM Reply