FREE DAILY POST: 15/01/17 (complete)

Holding post for now.

There will be no tips.

There will be some reflections on Warwick. Not many. But that’s how I cope with shoddiness.

(those reflections will be monday)

Jumps Angles

Handicap hurdle/chase portfolio – LIVE TES

2.30 F – Baltimore Rock

• Thanks for another enjoyable Saturday’s punting, Josh

Sadly I didn’t back either of the TTP qualifiers that went in (I’ll never know why I never had a tickle on that 25/1 poke) but your Classic Chase trends did help me find One For Arthur.

A heart-warming performance and always nice to get a win in the big one

Ali 14/01/17 9:14 PM Reply

• Nice to get back amongst the winners today with Modus. Just the one for me tomorrow. I want to have a small bet on Aristo Du Plessis in the 14:10 at Kelso. He is back down to a nice mark and I feel he shouldnt be the outsider of the field. Trainer is in decent form and has a decent record over handicap hurdles here (8/27,11p over the past 5 years). 14s look too big.

nickmazur 14/01/17 9:57 PM Reply

• Hunter chases are great fun to watch,usually old timers(the horses) enjoying their golden years,Chicago Outfit was one i used to follow when trained by George Bewley at Hexham where he was a standing dish and frequent winner,has also won at Kelso.Always liked to race prominently,and could run the field ragged in his prime,or down tools when passed,sadly time caught up with him and usually the field more recently.Do feel however 33/1 is bit big if he does race with his old vigour,might have each way bet for old times sake,hopefully at least 8 of the 9 intended runners turn up for top 3 finish

gearoid180468 14/01/17 10:16 PM Reply

• A great old horse Chicago Outfit. Was he not the one who would sulk and not eat his grub unless he got his polo mint treat first. Unbelievably I think it was the drug testing crowd who called a day on it…..to many polo mints. ha ha.
      He’s 66/1 now and 8 are still in it. If it stays that way, then a ‘for old times sake’ bet will be on the cards.

Tony Mc. 15/01/17 12:18 PM Reply

• Racing at Kelso is on after 7mm of rain, soft/heavy.
    310 Flinders River had shown stamina in an early run so a good chance that today’s low grade h’cap in these conditions can suit (up 10f in trip!) 9/1
    110 The switch to mud and a demanding track will suit Seemorelights on breeding so 50/1 offers a bit of ‘value’ perhaps, as his trainer won’t mind a winner here.

Is anyone else experiencing problems with the Racing Post site; I’ve been getting false returns (no form, no trainer data, slow loading etc) for days?

chrisrees 15/01/17 8:57 AM Reply

• Great spot with See more light 66/1! Beat my Red Indian. Will listen to you next time.

mickeydee 15/01/17 1:37 PM Reply

• Praise be!
        Could do with one of those a day but at such prices the next one is odds on to be a loser.

chrisrees 15/01/17 1:48 PM Reply

• Well done Chris.
      Some pick .
      Here’s hoping you had money on .

John 15/01/17 1:41 PM Reply

• Thanks very much for Seemorelights much appreciated.

Hilary Roberts 15/01/17 2:11 PM Reply

• yes me to for about 10 days now

keith Hartley 15/01/17 2:31 PM Reply

• Great shout Chris….missed it myself, but a cracking spot.

tonymc 15/01/17 2:55 PM Reply

• Blimey, I picked a bad day to have ‘off’ from all things horse! Damn. Well done, hope you enjoyed cheering him home! Super stuff.

Josh 15/01/17 3:11 PM Reply

• Same here chris,think it might be the snow here as i have a toggle internet and the transmitter is out of range

gerry 15/01/17 9:22 AM Reply

• Problems with RP for me too, but no sign of snow here in London so can’t be the reason.

JV 15/01/17 12:14 PM Reply

• Think there is a micro for heavy going which it might be at kelso,think it includes Nicky Richards chasers,dont know if there are some more at kelso,jefferson?

gearoid180468 15/01/17 9:33 AM Reply

• I changed from Firefox provider back to Google for a similar problem not so long ago so it might be your “search engine”

Norman 15/01/17 9:35 AM Reply

• now the site is showing log-in problems for customers

Norman 15/01/17 9:37 AM Reply

• Re Racing Post – the website is down in respect of online subscribers LOGGING ON and there have been download problems with some data for 4 days.

The problem is of their own making sadly – they are switching shortly to a “beta” version, ideal for tablets and phones and more geared to “getting bets on” and the affinity profit they make from that, than what punters want which are proper racecards with proper form and informed opinion.

When beta does come I will be cancelling my online subscription as I want the racing post to inform my opinion and help me not as a portal to place a bet.

Ian 15/01/17 9:44 AM Reply

• Ah, yes, Ian, I hadn’t quite joined up the dots; thanks.

chrisrees 15/01/17 11:28 AM Reply

• Lot of money coming in for Brackenmoss Rory in the 3.10 at Kelso for the A Whillians yard. Steps up 5/6 furlongs in trip compared to last two handicap runs dropping 5lb in the ratings following those two runs. Related to plenty of stayers and a fair degree of stamina on dams side. Looks unexposed compared to the rest in the race (apart from Kings Eclipse making its handicap debut stepped up in trip).
    Opened up as high as 20/1 yesterday and now into 6/1 / 11/2 in places.
    Judging by the flood of money coming in could be on a going day come 3.10.
    Leon

leon1986 15/01/17 10:29 AM Reply

• Aristo Du Plessis may get an easy out front today as the two at the head of the market came from behind the last day. He could just set it up for the closers or become a sitting duck!!! Confused.com!!! Today may just be for the watching! Keep the faith Josh, the force is with you!! Hope you enjoy Always Back Winners, the principles of acceleration Simpson employs can be used across all racing fronts even 3mile plus chasers!!!!

Matthew Roberts 15/01/17 11:45 AM Reply

• Hi Mathew, I read that book way back in the day. When I moved house [downsized] after the kids all left home, I had to get rid of about 300 books. That was among them, and my Nick Mordin’s as well.
      each kook had a kernel of truth in them all….great reading then before the advent of computers proper.

Tony Mc. 15/01/17 12:13 PM Reply

• Races such as the 1.40 are ripe for exploiting the unknown,a hot favourite and couple of outsiders,Conquer Gold and La Dama De Heiro.Two Smoking Barrels has it all in the book and will probably win but both the others have shown some level of ability in hurdles races,i took the early price of 9/1 on Conquer Gold and La Dama is available at 14/1.dont need to get these right too often to make a profit,Bells& Banjos Thurs,outsider at 10/1 for ex

gearoid180468 15/01/17 12:24 PM Reply

• I suppose everytime you click your bets through the RP website they get a kickback

gearoid180468 15/01/17 12:29 PM Reply

• correct hence the beta version that will destroy the outstanding statistic cards and comments currently available.

ian 15/01/17 6:03 PM Reply

• took 12s on Bernadelli. Nice one for members page.

Nice one Josh

tonymc 15/01/17 2:53 PM Reply

• One for the heavy going chasers too

gearoid180468 15/01/17 3:07 PM Reply

• Yeah…it did for Chicago outfit….sad.

tonymc 15/01/17 4:29 PM Reply

• He might pick up a hunter chase at his beloved hexham in the summer if they have such,id say that was a high class field,front 3 pulling well clear,better ground where he can get easy lead

gearoid180468 15/01/17 8:15 PM Reply

• To all you racingposters since ditching the site and going with geegeez I have found it to be a more informative and friendly site than Racingpost ever was that is my opinion but I think it’s well worth checking out on tomorrow’s racing I like LOCHNELL 9/2 Ayr 2.10

Antony church 15/01/17 9:06 PM Reply

• Could not agree more Anthony. I’ve been with the Racing post since it went subscription.
      But today I cancelled it. I joined Geegeez in May and never looked back.
      I think Chris, who does Stat of the day is as good a tipster you’ll find anywhere. 33%SR since I’ve been following

Ian Straker 15/01/17 10:12 PM Reply