TTP Jumps Notes: 03/01/17 (complete)

MUSSELBURGH

1.30

Proud Gamble (hncp c) UP 11/4>7/1

2.30

Landmarque (hncp h) WON 14/1>12/1 (possibly some 16s about)

3.30

New Granada (NHF) (no ratings)

BANGOR

2.50

Scooby (micro class) 3rd 8/1>7/2

Cowslip (micro going if soft) (hurdle course good to soft)

***

NOTES: Well as I write the three ratings pointers horses below all seem on the drift so we shall see how they get on! Certainly they have a few questions to answer between them but I have thought that about a few winners in that section before and over time I don’t think it will be best to overthink them. I have left Proud Gamble as you will see on the free post, I personally liked the McCain horse at the prices but he should run his race- he won for the ratings/top rated x2 LTO and may do so again. I have backed the other two. New Granda is 40/1 and seemingly has little chance according to the market – there can be money for his NHF winners and they can need the run, but he does have the odd first starter go in/run well. I had a small EW bet at that price as you never know. I don’t expect to get a return but you don’t need many in that price range to hit the frame to make it pay over a season and he is unexposed at least.

***

RATINGS POINTERS

HorseRaceBase

Top Rated

1.30 M – Proud Gamble UP

Top 3

2.50 B – Scooby 3rd 8/1>7/2

Geegeez Speed

Top Rated

2.30 M- Landmarque WON 14/1>12/1

Top 3

none.

***

None of the trainers are ‘in form’.

• 2.30 Musselburgh

Landmarque (H0, R2) for my figures but at the current odds of 18/1 in places it does seem better value against the very short-priced favourite SHOTOFWINE (H1, R1)(best 11/8)

Sired by Milan and trained by JP Ewart, who has plenty of success in class 4/5 races, Landmarque is worthy of a small EW interest

Norman 03/01/17 10:02 AM Reply

• 2.50 Bangor

I thought Magic Mustard (H1, R1) had a good chance of upsetting the mount of “Sir” P. Brennan (Petite Power H0,R0:)…. but after finding one of the very poor tipsters putting up Magic Mustard I had a look at Scooby (H2, R6) as an alternative

it’s one of the very good combo horses for Woods/ McPherson and is not without a chance

Petite Power @ 5/2 in places will probably win easily but I hope Scooby (EW @ 15/2) will get a place

Norman 03/01/17 10:18 AM Reply

• Good luck Norman, we shall see. I have backed both, LandM EW, but far from confident- I don’t like Ewart drifters at all, but hopefully he can grab a place at worst. McPherson drifters don’t fill me with confidence either but hopefully market wrong on one or both. Could do with a decent priced winner on here really! They will come.

Josh 03/01/17 12:11 PM Reply

• Hi Norman….. I have had to back Becauseshesaidso…Have to ?…it’s from a Pipe system I do…. looking at it I shouldn’t touch it with a barge pole but you have to follow the system and sometimes the dodgy ones come in. lol I hope.
      No value in Petite Power.

BOL

tonymc 03/01/17 12:15 PM Reply

• When your on a roll your on a roll josh thank you landmarque

jamie2255 03/01/17 2:43 PM Reply

• Ha cheers. The stats/members posts needed that – well, they didn’t in terms of long term as nothing to worry about, but for new members I hope that lifted the mood somewhat. Had a slump since my festive offer but that helps, and at least demonstrates the promise. Let’s see if Scooby can provide the cherry on top of the icing…

Josh 03/01/17 2:45 PM Reply

• On the one day I don’t back the ratings horses lol bugger!

James b 03/01/17 3:13 PM Reply

• Ah don’t say that James! RPs meant to take my/our sometimes flimsy subjective judgment out of things- albeit he was unexposed over hurdles, stepped up in trip, and had good ground for first time- 2 things different which seem to have helped- also seems they changed tactics and rode him closer to pace- which isn’t something you can predict but can lead to change in fortunes. They had been knocking on the door with a few ok placed efforts. Next time!

Josh 03/01/17 3:23 PM Reply

• The betting bank was taking a bit of a loss and I lost my bottle so my own fault there! Not a bad day tho with carbragh and petite power winning and beating sp lol

James b 03/01/17 4:01 PM Reply

• Ah, well hopefully you were on Morney Wing also to lift the mood a tad. Its all about beating SP!

I have done that before- bank takes a nose dive and you lose it, then miss a winner.

When I used to be like that it was because I was betting too much, and didn’t have an adequate bank. Halve stakes etc or further if needs be- there is plenty of time in this game to build up stakes over time. But, that is just me (speaking as someone who dived in with 20s and lost £2650 aged 18- gulp)

Josh 03/01/17 4:06 PM Reply

• I’d just give up if I lost that much Josh lol I lost about £300 with betfan when I first started but was only betting £1s! That was before I found your blog hrb and systems so have more than made that back plus had a decent holiday out of it

James b 03/01/17 10:36 PM Reply

• Hi Josh

certainly doesn’t hurt to oppose a short-priced favourite if there is value elsewhere

I took the 18/1 EW on Landmarque (H0, R2) and it would not have been backed without the TTP, so thank-you for that….

I also had 2.00 Musselburgh…Superior Command (H1, R1) @ 14/1 so these two winners and the placers on the likes of Scooby, has made the start of 2017 a lot better after a poor holiday week betting-wise

For interest the tipsters have selected both 4.40 Swiss Cross (H2, R1) @ 13/2 and 5.10 Gentlemen (H1, R1) @ 5/1 for which although I had backed them both, I have taken an alternate smaller “recovery” bet on Dutch Art Dealer (H0, R3) @ 10/1 and Doc Sportello (H0, R4) @ 8/1…….Poyle Vinnie (H2, R2) seems to be a bit weak 13/8>2/1 so some place value could be available

Thanks again for a good day

Norman 03/01/17 4:13 PM Reply