Cheltenham Open Meeting: Trainer Pointers

In the following 3 page report I have taken a top level look at those trainers who have done well at the last three meetings, as well as some we should be cautious about.

I have then had a slightly more in depth look at Hobbs / Pipe/ Nicholls /Honderson who between them have won 29 of the 57 races contested at the last three meetings.

There are a few eye-opening ‘positive’ pointers I think that will hopefully add to your enjoyment over the next three days.

There are also a handful of general pointers for the Handicaps.

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD AND READ YOUR REPORT>>>

***

• Thanks for those Josh. Extra ammunition for As De Mee who fits 4 of the 5 Nicholls positives (an the he is only down 1f on the other one) and doesn’t fit in any of the negative general stats.

nickmazur 10/11/16 5:14 PM Reply

• Thanks for info, turning me into a stats man 🙂 at my age unbelievable!!!!

shek2nd 10/11/16 6:04 PM Reply

• Ha. Many ways to skin a cat in this game. With meetings like this always a few trainers who are creatures of habit. I would say it’s important not to let them put you off a horse if you like them, very much a positive pointer towards likely bets. Not to be put off others say. A mixed approach best,using your form skills could be a killer combo!

Josh 10/11/16 6:16 PM Reply

• Josh, Ben Pauling has Bally Gilbert entered up in the Hyde novice tomorrow. I can remember you tweeting about him from a Cheltenham (i think) preview night you attended with Pauling present earlier in the year. Had a link to a smart Mullins nag….Battleford or Bacardys i think?

The horse who beat him in a market rasen bumper has since gone in again by 10 lengths. Looks a decent heat with West Approach/Wholestone and Baden running, so I’m assuming Pauling is confident of a decent show given the quality on offer in the race. 20/1 currently….

leon1986 10/11/16 6:11 PM Reply

• Blimey you do have a good memory! I was will check in my hrb account as sure I was tracking him. Yep that is the one. Really likes him and used to work alongside Batleford when they were young,before purchase. He likes him. Wonder if a longer term game but he is in form and at that price,prob worth a nibible in a race type I would usually leave. Cheers

Josh 10/11/16 6:14 PM Reply

• Going by the interview in Mark Howard’s book Ben thinks he is one of his 3 best novices and will be disappointed if he doesnt turn into a a festival contender. He did say 2m5f will be ideal although he has gears for 2m. Certainly worth an e/w bet when the bookies rollback the prices in the morning.

nickmazur 10/11/16 9:01 PM Reply

• If anyone is going to try and get on in the morning, the odds should go back to 20/1 with 365, Hills, 188, Betway and Boyle. I think it’s at 8.30am with 365 and 9am for the others.

Neil 11/11/16 12:12 AM Reply

• Racing Post Weekender has a write up on Ben Pauling.
    He likes the horse but says it needs rain.

Clavis 10/11/16 7:59 PM Reply

• I do remember Bally Gilbert running against one of Malcolm Jeffersons,i think Mount Mews is a rather special as he went on to romp home next time out,quickening off a fast pace and winning as he liked,if Bally takes to hurdling he could be top drawer class

gearoid180468 10/11/16 8:36 PM Reply