FREE DAILY POST: 15/10/16 (complete)

TIPS

3.55 Market Rasen – NONE

I have decided to leave it and if you can be bothered to read my fence sitting anguish, here it is….

Florida Calling looks the most interesting just because he is young, unexposed, and still in the ‘could be anything’ category. George can ready them after a break and he could also be the pace angle- he did jump a bit left the last day at Perth and having watched video he didn’t look most straightforward when coming under pressure.  He is ‘only’ 7/2 here- given his inexperience, unsure as to depth of form LTO, and the fitness Q, that seems short enough for me. He may lead them all a merry dance but I will leave.

By The Boardwalk- (WON 6/1, cosily, boll**ks)  is around the 9/2 mark – I am on the fence a bit with both in fairness at the prices and in that situation, when dealing with single odds etc, and in form I am in probably best to leave. IF a lack of fitness was the reason for his poor run LTO then he may put this lot to the sword given he could come on for it a bundle. That was just a bit too poor for me though I think given his record fresh. Torn. It was an ok race, stronger than this one I think. (Baileys Gallery Exhibition ran cracker after long break at Fakenham today so maybe they will hit form soon. Bailey has found no illness issues with yard for recent form, according to his blog) 9/2 isn’t quite big enough for me to go ‘sod it’ I don’t think- whereas he was 10s the last day. But then, at times last jumps season plenty of losing tips would win on one of their next three starts. His form in this rest pattern doesn’t inspire much confidence either- 0/11,1 p 8-60 days rest. 0/7,0 places chasing 8-30 days.

The Ellison horse is interesting in the sense that he is unexposed/untried to an extent over this distance. And some of the others wouldn’t be without a squeak.

Hopefully they run good races but I will sit it out and hopefully have got it right. I wouldn’t back both either I don’t think and not quite sure which one I would plump for if pushed, maybe By The Boardwalk.

***

STATS/ANGLES OF INTEREST

None. I will leave this for Sat. Had a flick through Ascot card but I would be writing content for the sake of it. There are a few below and in members post to flick through also.

JUMPS ANGLES

Sept/Oct Trainers

NTD

1.05 MR- One Forty Seven DNQ UP(NO ticks against my notes, does qualify on separate non-hncp hurdle micro for NTD)

1.35 MR – Southport DNQ WON 16/1 (NO ticks as above, albeit also as above qualifies on another micro for NTDWON 16/1)

1.50 Ffos L – Bendomingo 2nd 14s>6s (ticks 1 run 90 days and 21-60 days rest, and extreme weight trend)

5.20 Ffos L- Woodfort WON 2/1 (after R4) (ticks 1 run in 90 days positive)

Handicap Hurdle/Chase Portfolio

Note: these are new and untested live and while they look good on paper some caution advised

Hurdles

3.50 Strat – Diamond Rock (unexp hurdlers) WON 10/1>8/1

Chase

4.20 Strat – Jack Snipe NR (unexp chasers..just ran at Wincanton over hurdles as I write I think)

4.45 Ffos Las – Storming Strumpet NR

***

• I kinda likey No Likey in 3.15 Stratford tomorrow,Hobbs/O Brien are a good combination in chases at the track

gearoid180468 14/10/16 8:06 PM Reply

• Betway has it at 86/1 at 9.15 this morning.

Mike Dennis 15/10/16 9:14 AM Reply

• Top Cat Henry for me in the same race at Stratford. The Doctor continues in good form. Off a decent mark and wasn’t done with when unsteated (another horses’ fault) LTO. Course & ground perfect. Showed up very well for while at Aintree last season.

At Ffos Las I really like Sierra Oscar in the last. Bumper form with 3rd to Mount Mews & Bally Gilbert is in my opinion streets ahead of anything else. Trainer had 3 winners today, owner sponsoring the big race tomorrow. Slight concern is that they get loads of rain tomorrow. Waiting for 4s with a bookie I can get money on.

JV 14/10/16 10:47 PM Reply

• Unlucky with Princeton R today Josh

Keltus looked really good though, really game and battle-hardened. And was it just me, or did he have a remarkably rounded action, more suited to softer ground?

One to back in a slog, perhaps?

Ali 14/10/16 11:18 PM Reply

• A couple I fancy from my own micros:

M/R 3:55 – Optimistic Bias 4/1 (from the Hcp Chasers with no wins that had another winner in the week with Yanmare 5/1).

M/R 5:05 – Temple Man 6/1

Although he needs to show some improvement I quite like the look of Bronze Angel 40/1 in the only hcp at Ascot 4:25. Looks to have plenty of ticks against his profile and is usually competitive in big field hcps this time of year.

Chris R.

broadsword 15/10/16 9:49 AM Reply

• My tickets etc came for Cheltenham Festival today! My hotel bookinh is already confirmed. Not long now.

I believe the connections of Tommy Silver hope that he will be there. I guess he needs to win today to keep them on track/ I have had a punt at 7/2.

My ante post 10/1 on The Tin Man means I can lay some off today for a profit. He will have to come with a dash at the end and so you cannot be that confident. I like Simple Verse in the 1.25 and think Zhukova could show a bit of class in the 2.35. Then in the 4.25, potential get out of jail race, Yuften.

Anyway good luck today

martin colwell 15/10/16 11:27 AM Reply

• There you go, if you needed it Yuften delivers!

martin colwell 15/10/16 4:34 PM Reply

• Top work well done. His old class coming through there. Good day all round.

Josh 15/10/16 4:39 PM Reply

• Only 150 days and 42 minutes to go for those magical 4 days ,weeks holiday booked tickets booked yeehaah

thomasson67 15/10/16 1:49 PM Reply

• That 1.50 would have been lovely tricast,still we had the winner,top work josh

gearoid180468 15/10/16 2:17 PM Reply

• I know, 89/1 as well haha. I had a good go on the winner at 4s so won’t complain too much. Hope didn’t put too many off Zaras Hope 9/2, hacked up. 2/2 on day. Stats doing the job so far.

Josh 15/10/16 2:22 PM Reply

• 10/1 forecast in 2.45 MR!

Josh 15/10/16 3:05 PM Reply

• And what a forecast it was. Top work.

Dan 15/10/16 6:53 PM Reply

• Yes, good pick Josh in the 1.50, I got 4/1 last night.

The Tin Man goes in big time for me, happy days.

martin colwell 15/10/16 2:21 PM Reply

• Ah yes, superb ante post work there well done! turning into another good day for team racing to profit. Bloody good ride as well on him- knows horse well, clearly doesn’t like to be near other horses it seems…delivered to perfection.

Josh 15/10/16 2:23 PM Reply

• Had a cash bet on Diamond rock 10/1 in the local bookies,well picked there josh

gearoid180468 15/10/16 4:09 PM Reply

• Did think those micros looked good on paper haha. Have bottled By The Boardwalk there which despite 7 winners across blog has fouled my mood! Damn.

Josh 15/10/16 4:11 PM Reply

• Good thing josh though is Bailey has broken through that lean patch and is good to go again

gearoid180468 15/10/16 4:19 PM Reply

• yep, just looks like a few have needed the run. Given he can get them fit looks like should really be watched first time and/or second time up. Should be spot on by second run.

Josh 15/10/16 4:20 PM Reply

• Hi Josh / all

No joy at Dundalk last evening 7 selections only producing a 2nd & 2 x 3rds but I guess thats why the staking plan is so important to offset any losing runs and Newcastle proving as tricky as ever on the Tapeta….onwards and upwards and tapeta again this evening at Wolves, Just a reminder tapeta will not be full staked selections but some interesting fayre this evening:

5F – Top Draw – 12,5,7,10,6
    5.45 Wolves – No Selection

6F – Top Draw – 3,4,6,2,9
    6.15 Wolves – Rose Eclair 19.5 (Major Cadeaux 3 runs,1 win,1 place) Drawn 4

6F – Top Draw – 3,4,6,2,9
    6.45 Wolves – Rural Celebration 4.5 (Pastoral Pursuits 15 runs, 3 wins, 3 places) Drawn 6

1M 4F – Top Draw – 4,5,3,1,7
    7.15 Wolves – High Admiral 26.0 (New Approach 3 runs, 2 wins, 3 places) Drawn 4

1M 1/2F- Top Draw – 3,9,6,8,4
    7.45 Wolves – No Selection

2M 1/2F – Top Draw – 9,5,2,4,1
    8.15 Wolves – Tamarillo Grove 12.0 (Cape Cross 3 runs, 1 win, 1 place) Drawn 1

1M 1/2F – Top Draw – 3,9,6,8,4
    8.45 Wolves – Air of Glory 32.0 (Sharmadal 5 runs, 2 wins, 2 places) Drawn 3

1M 11/2F – Top Draw – 6,8,5,4,10
    9.15 Wolves – Outlaw Torn 9.0 (Ifraaj 15 runs,4 wins,8 places) Drawn 8

Footnote – Stallions of interest left out due to draw and / or other selection in race:

5.45 Eternalist (Equiano 16,3,6)
    6.45 Serradura (Acclamation 25,6,11)
    7.45 Starshell (Sea the Stars 6,3,4)
    7.45 Master Degree (Masterofthehorse 2,1,1)
    8.15 Lacey (Rail Link 12,1,7)
    8.45 Shamlan (Shamardal 5,2,2)
    8.45 Caledonia Laird (Firebreak 7,2,3)
    9.15 Mister Marasite (Verglas 6,2,3)
    9.15 Ferryview Place (Compton Place 14,3,5)

Cheers
    Steve

Steve Wiseman 15/10/16 5:17 PM Reply

• Well done again Josh 3 good winners on the blog at juicy prices….I know ideally you want them for the full out tips but still excellent work

Steve Wiseman 15/10/16 5:23 PM Reply

• Yea, my tipping mind one of anguish haha, part of the game but when on a losing run it is more of a mental challenge. ‘could’ have tipped + 20 points of winners last 4 chases mentioned, instead -1 point! But i didn’t so, work to do.

Just pleased that the blog content is firing up winners/profit, which it hasn’t for summer months. Good day on Members post with 3x winners, plus the two above for micro angles 16s and 10s. Won’t complain with that, and would have taken a losing tip say if you said all those others would win.

Josh 15/10/16 5:25 PM Reply

• There’s another make that 4 cracking stuff

Steve Wiseman 15/10/16 5:29 PM Reply

• Hi Josh, I have, but hate to admit it….I never backed one winner. I went my own way and crashed spectacularly….I’m as sick as a pig……. it stuffed my profits I’d hard won over the last few days…….I simply went down in flames.

Well done mate.