FREE DAILY POST: 09/10/16 (complete)

Well I continue to struggle on the tipping front- no run from Fox Appeal and sadly that was predictable after the first fence when Jacob decided to sit far too back and just let the horse jump the fences. The one fence he booted him into, he flew it. Very poor ride for me albeit there is clearly some pocket talk there! Atrocious. He made a niggly mistake at nearly every fence and while he isn’t the best jumper, he isn’t that bad. Lavelle should call up Paddy Brennan to boot him all the way round. He travelled well in between the fences and there was some money. He could quickly become a cliff horse but he is very well handicapped now. All those errors caught up with him in the end. Surely they will find a race for him. Potters Cross looked interesting pre race but I thought he may be a tad too inexperienced over fences and didn’t expect him to be quite as comfortable at the top end in a big field like this. Credit to horse and trainer, he jumped well on the whole and Curtis’ team are to be feared at the moment. We shall see how that form works out moving forwards. A decent run from The Good Skin who stayed on well and could need further than this to be seen at his best.

Unlike the Flat where I couldn’t tip a thing but also at the same time there were not many winners anywhere else on the blog thankfully the micro system/jumps angles et are doing ok and throwing up a few winners… two at 6/1 and 7/1 to lift the mood, among a few losers also.

The TTP Jumps Notes post had a decent enough day. Members were pointed towards Civil Unrest (my main bet of day on that post) (7s) and Ballyoptic (7s/8s>9/2) from the stats/my views and hopefully I put them off a few losers also. (backed a couple of other losers as well) So, Fox Appeal  was a low, but thankfully a few nice winners dotted around and with any luck some of you may have come out in front from Saturday’s posts. I will get that 1.5 points back with a little bit of interest on him before Christmas hopefully.

Tomorrow’s Members Post for  Chepstow is up.

***

Just the Jumps Angles for Sunday…

JUMPS ANGLES

Sept/Oct Trainers

NTD

4.00- Splash Of Ginge  (extreme weight positive) UP

5.00 – Double Ross (extreme weight positive) WON 4/1 | 7/2> 3/1

6.00 – Twist on Ginge (no ticks)

Lavelle

4.00 – Junction Fourteen (1+ run 90 days, october) UP

5.00- Court By Surprise (October) UP

NEW! Handicap Hurdle/Chase Portfolio

3.25 Chep

Prussian Eagle (williams,60+ days) NR

All Set To Go (clear top weights) UP

***

Enjoy your Sunday,

• Hi Josh,

what is this new ‘handicap hurdle/chase’ portfolio?

was it in a previous post on here or sent out in an email or something?

Ali 08/10/16 7:37 PM Reply

• Hi Josh / All

Just one of real interest for me today….If we look at NH flat races over 2 miles at Chepstow T.Lacey has 1 runner 1 winner and has booked Richard Johnson for a race under the same conditions for his first time out 4yo that’s solid enough for me

5.30 Chepstow – Russian Service 4.0

Cheers
    Steve

Steve Wiseman 09/10/16 11:01 AM Reply

• Hi Steve, all,

Thanks for the heads up you sent.
      I can’t go the 11/4 on this….just like your other successful call Rock Warbler….Duh!. It won well.
      Today i’ll be going on Procurator G/Wood 3.10 and Tristram Shandy 3.35 Limerick…..both system horses. As I’ve said before…systems have been in and out this season, so an upsurge s due…lol. Still ahead on them though.
      GL all.

Tony Mc 09/10/16 11:57 AM Reply

• There is some interesting racing in Ireland today and the card at Chepstow is reasonable.

I like King of Brega in the 4.40 Lim, on at 18/1.

Gary Moore has a few runners and the 2M race at Goodwood may be the one? More later once I make sense of what I know.

martin colwell 09/10/16 12:30 PM Reply

• My 3 for the Munster National… 4.40 Limerick.

Killer Crow…..10/1 Betfair
    Rightville Boy… 18/1 Bet 365.
    Elegant Statesman… 11/1 Betfair.

I thought you may have looked at this and added your expertise on this one Josh. It’s your fav distance.
    Cheers.

Tony Mc. 09/10/16 12:32 PM Reply

• Hi Tony, yep I could have had a look albeit last time I ventured over to Ireland it all went a bit wrong! Killer Crow was one of my tips the last day and I see they reach for headgear here. He never went a yard that day and they will need to work here. Hope he runs a good race to justify me liking him lto! Hopefully they race him more prominently here also. Interested to see how the young unexposed On Fiddlers Green goes also, he will be up there in the right place and looks interesting having had briefest of looks.

Josh 09/10/16 3:43 PM Reply

• Rightville boy ew
    Fiddlers green ew.

jamie2255 09/10/16 12:41 PM Reply

• Fiddlers Green looks obvius and my selection above is the stable number two (HDB) but is the each way price.

Sire De Grugy likes Chepstow and has been doing solid work. Not much value unless he drifts plus not getting any younger.

martin colwell 09/10/16 1:20 PM Reply

• Was the late JT McNamara related to trainer E McNamara?

If so it would be a fitting tribute for the trainer to win the race named after JT McNamara and the booking of Ruby Walsh suggests that they will be giving it a go.

4:40 Limerick – JT McNamara Ladbrokes Munster National Handicap Chase
    Dare to Endeavour

Also Paddy Power are the lowest price on this horse.

mojojojo 09/10/16 1:20 PM Reply