FREE DAILY POST: 06/09/2016 (COMPLETE)

Reminder…that I am off to Croatia on Tuesday until late Saturday evening and bar the systems (provided I have Wifi which I think I do!) , and winners put up by you, there won’t be much else happening on here. The jumps season will be busy and there will be plenty to look forward to on that front hopefully. It isn’t far off now.

Members Club… I have pulled together a post/report for Doncaster’s St Leger meeting. It includes some trainer notes looking at the eight trainers with four or more winners at the meeting in the last three years. I think there are some useful pointers in there. There are also some trends/stats for the Portland Handicap and a possible ‘winning profile’. If you are not in the Members Club you can access those notes/trends with a £3 Day Pass. Anyway, Members can read that post HERE>>>

***

TIPS

None.

STATS/ANGLES OF INTEREST

No shortlist for Tuesday. I have looked but nothing much was jumping out at me and it is also hard to know what the going is/will be at a few tracks. A welcome winner on Monday at 3.8/1 who just clung on.

***

None.

SYSTEMS TEST

‘OTT’

4.20 Red- Zippy

***

That will be all.

I will be back early Wednesday morning with any micro system bets etc.

• Pricing on the Grade 3 Novice Chase at Galway tomorrow (625) is all over the place, if anyone has a fancy;
    Tocororo 5s 365, 9/4 Paddy, 11 to bloody 8 at BFSB
    Baily Cloud 3s, 5s and 13/2 respectively
    Paul

Paul 05/09/16 6:20 PM Reply

• I could be wrong but think it is bryan cooper’s first ride back from injury in this and he rides tiger roll, 7/2 generally, Only ride at the meeting as well….

les 05/09/16 7:02 PM Reply

• Looks like it, Les. I wouldn’t be backing him after a month off, myself. 365 have reacted and cut Tocororo into 11/4 in one hit…unusual for them to misprice one so badly relative to the rest of the layers (that’s normally BFSB’s job).
        Paul

Paul 05/09/16 8:24 PM Reply

• Jim Crowley has a rare foray to Redcar,may have a winner but nothing really sticks out statswise.Going forward the Wadham association could be quite worth following if the market doesn’t latch on,especially on the AW,if last years results are a guide,my sole bet tomorrow is Tangolan 6.40 Perth for O’Brien/Brennan

gearoid180468 05/09/16 6:49 PM Reply

• I’ve noticed one of your (sleeper)(profile) horses is running tomorrow. Ingleby Angel(dangerously h/capped now).Has not really fired since joining colin teague. Have you give up on him? Like your thoughts on Beardwood also in the same race.

Mozzer 05/09/16 7:09 PM Reply

• Oh yea he is an old one. He is still in my HRB account – his profile doesn’t seem to be too valid anymore given change in yard and what appears to be a general regression. But, as you say, he is dropping through the weights. He hasn’t run that well the last twice, but then not totally abject either. But, he is now 0/10, 0 places for this trainer and the trainer is also a concern. Maybe he just has moderate horses but there are some questions maybe, over his ability to train? 2/48, 5 places in 2016 so far. Those both with the same horse but then again loads of them have gone off 25/1+. Suppose any money may spark interest given how he ‘stayed on’ the last day. Hard to know what to think given he has has ‘his conditions’ the last three times. If you like him/price you have to have a little nibble!

Beardwood looks solid enough – has been running well enough and drops back in class. Haven’t checked pace etc but has been held up recently so may need a strong pace/luck etc. But, this looks an easier race than recent runs? First time Franny has ridden him also – so he is doing a few things differently. Has course place form. He is top rated on HRB ratings also.

Josh 05/09/16 7:20 PM Reply

• Worc. 2.40 – The Snappy Poet (8/1), from a Jeremy Scott micro that is 5/4 +39 pts so far this year and he has won this race in 2012 & 2013.

Chris R.

broadsword 05/09/16 8:56 PM Reply

• thought it very interesting that william carson makes the long trek up to redcar for two rides for j goldie!! insurplus 2.50 running in a race goldie as won twice in last few years.

lovetina 06/09/16 6:12 AM Reply

• That is interesting, good spot. He is 1/2 at the track as well. Just had brief look at Insurplus and looks to have a decent enough chance on paper if building on that last run. Outpaced and/or given far too much to do at Goodwood over 5f. If visor works second time and ground is ok you wouldn’t think he would be far away. Lightly raced and more to come at some point. GL if you play them both.

Josh 06/09/16 9:33 AM Reply

• Eek, I’ve backed another drifter in the 2.40 Wor

Backing Charlie Longsdon blind in September shows a good strike rate and profit (can testify with figures when at a computer). Already 2 winners this season

Promanco has showed promise with two good performances over fences despite novicey jumping. Should go close with a clear round but less confident now on the drift

Lucky Jim, my cliff horse, will probably win now that I’ve jumped ship

Ali 06/09/16 12:31 PM Reply

• Can anyone come back with an angle on R Richarson/T Easterby combo? I have noticed most of her winners when the horse is FAV.
    I vaguely remember being told on this blog to keep an eye on the combo.

Mike Dennis 06/09/16 3:19 PM Reply