Saturday’s Post (COMPLETE)

It’s looking like a quiet day ahead for a number of reasons- I am off to Reading Festival on Saturday mainly to see the Red Hot Chilli Peppers as I have never seen them before. I thought the day ticket was worth it just for them.  So, Saturday morning is a write off for analysis and I am am busy most of Friday afternoon/early evening. There are no ‘big races’ I wish to attack, and no sprint handicaps with stats/trends. The Beverley Bullet only has 9 runners and my stats/trends are not overly useful I don’t think. Happy to leave it. I would like to see Line of Reason go close having backed him LTO.

Sunday… I will put up a holding post so you can all chat away but there won’t be any content as I am away from technology/wifi etc. I think that will be the first time in quite a while. There are three meetings and hopefully any August trainer followers can highlight any selections in the comments. There won’t be any TTP horses put up either. So, sorry about that. A rare blank day from me ahead. (I may be back early Sunday afternoon before racing and if that is the case I will get something up)

***

TIPS

None.

STATS/ANGLES OF INTEREST

None. Not even a shortlist. I have been through my usual stats reports etc and there isn’t anything of note that I can see.

MICRO SYSTEMS

August Trainers

Fahey (any odds)

3.20 Good – Farlow / Withernsea (both any odds)

5.30 Bev- Masamah (any odds)

TTP: MAIN SYSTEM BETS

Well a 50/1 winner for these on Friday. Whoosh. I would be lying through all of my teeth if I said I backed it. I didn’t. Not a penny. I may have long parked these into the ‘testing zone’ of my mind/betting. If you have followed them systematically I do hope you had a go as that would have wiped out most/all losses since the start of this experiment. I have been waiting a long time for a biggie to go in and that is the first. Another couple come the end of the flat season would be welcome…

3.00 Newm – Drifting Spirit / Penwortham (both 16/1<)

3.35 Newm – Yorkkiding (12/1<)

6.20 Red – Flyboy / Hard To Handel (12/1<)

***

SPRINT HANDICAP TESTING ZONE

None on Sat. I don’t have the time and in truth have been out drinking with an old friend all Friday afternoon! 🙂

I must be rather frustrating to follow at times in this section. I hope some (all) of you who back these tips read the update and had a nibble/saver on the winner of the 4.05 Thirsk. I hate not being able to cheer home a winner or winning or what I did but such are my standards that I will naturally ask why I didn’t tip him in the first place at around 16/1. I will stare at his profile some more when the head is clear. Annoying. Again. But, it is more positive than negative, I think. Bitter, sweet. (more bitter)

TRAINERS IN FORM

None.

***

Hi, I'm Josh and thanks for reading my blog, Racing To Profit. Hopefully you like what you find. This is a place for horse racing fans of all levels and ability, bettors and non bettors. Here I, and fellow readers, share our opinions on horses and information that may help you find your own winners. Do say hi, we are a friendly bunch... and if you could use the 'share buttons' above that would also be appreciated :)

• Josh
    I have looked thru your stats for the Bev Bullitt and narrowed it down to 2 without looking at any odds.
    Line of Reason and Mr Lupton.

After looking at your stats for the big race at York last week I found 2 and one was Meccas Angel so going for follow up again hopefully.

Mike Dennis 6 months ago Reply

• 50/1 system winner anyone? i wasnt on sadly

Ali 6 months ago Reply

• Hi Ali, no I passed on it…but I had a couple of other long price winners courtesy of Steve Wiseman’s Visitation and an experimental type which went in at 20/1…I got 22s on visitation. But not the biggie. But I’m happy about the day.

Tony Mc. 6 months ago Reply

• What about Alpha Delphini in the Bullet? Over 5F is 151311, with both defeats at Pontefract. 14/1 available.

Also in the 3.20 at Goodwood, Shady McCoy is 121121 over 7F.

Martin Colwell 6 months ago Reply

• Hi Martin, I done A D before same price as yourself. Should have backed it earlier.
      I’ll have a look at Shady McCoy. Do you know the current odds.?

Tony Mc. 6 months ago Reply

• I’d already backed Rivelino…but S Mc is trading at 12s… might have a saver. lol.

Tony Mc. 6 months ago Reply

• Cheers Martin on half point EW at 14/1 Alpha Delphini.

lately 6 months ago Reply

• Top handicaps this season.

Ed Dunlop has only saddled 26 runners and has hit the frame with 13..50% SR..at a LSP of 43 points backed EW.

Ralph Becket has had 32 qualifying runners giving 5 winners and 7 placed…12 places. SR 37.5….profit 13 pts.

Charlie Appleby has 7 winners and 13 placers…from 54 runners…Backed ew…he has produced 26 pts profit.

worth keeping an eye out for in the coming months.

Tony Mc. 6 months ago Reply

• One Track Trainers angle for Sat.
    I have had a look thru these. There are a few but I have limited them to decent prices, you guys that have all the software can take a closer look.
    One Runner at Track
    Stoute 3.35 Nm Yarrow 14/1..4.20 Bev Mainstream 5/1
    Gallagher 5.20 Nm Major Pusey 8/1
    Simcock 4.45 Nm Gorokai 10/1…5.50R Subjective 6/1
    Ismail 3.55 G Zubeida 66/1
    Furtado 6.20 R Zaeem 33/1
    Cole 6.35 W Berkshire 10/1

Good Luck

Mike Dennis 6 months ago Reply

• David Simcock has eight runners, five at Goodwood, with Majeed being the only runner at Windsor, and everything seems to have a chance. Subjective 550R has a soft ground pedigree, Can’t Change It 320G was unlucky lto, Lightning Spear 430G is down to a G2, King Of Dreams 540G had been off 3 months before being ‘burst’ lto, Gorokai 445N had been off 4 months before its last run and should relish 6f on turf now.
      May the profit be with you.

Chris 6 months ago Reply

• I did indeed have a saver on the Ocean Sheridan Josh, as Im sure a few others did

Ali 6 months ago Reply

• From my Handicap Chasers with no wins system I have Mountain Tunes 4:00 Cartmel today, and still available in places at 5’s.

Chris R

broadsword 6 months ago Reply

• Have a great time at Reading Josh. That must be a tip for Red Hot Chilly in the 7.05 Windsor – you may even have time to pop over and watch the race before the main act!

Graham

realist 6 months ago Reply

• Indego Blues in the last at Redcar from that Trainer with only one runner at the track stat.

Steve 6 months ago Reply