Well I can now fully wipe the Irish National from my memory thanks to Gibbstown strolling to victory and getting back all of those losses.
That ‘profiling’ approach, especially for horses with clear class ceilings, can be a gold mine, if you get it right. I plan to find a few like that for the flat. I should put more work in for next jumps season and try and get a team of those types onside – plenty of them exist but you just have to dedicate hours to finding them – no easy way.
She has been in my HorseRaceBase account for 12 months so it was nice to get a reward! That takes us back above my own minimum monthly target of +10 points every month (on average) Just shy of +12 points for March. (2016s average is just over 42 points per month so far)
And now for a ‘Parish Notice’… 🙂
What’s coming up in the next few days I hear you ask…
- Lincoln Trends: Will be posted up today. The first foray into the flat, how exciting. (these races are THE toughest puzzle of them all and I can’t wait to get stuck in)
- Aintree: I am yet to work out my approach. I think it will consist of: trends for Grand National,trends for every other race over those fences + the 3m handicap chase,and maybe a handicap hurdle. I will also look at some trainer stats/micro angles and any other generic ‘ways in’. It is a meeting I attend for all three days and is very much a social occasion for me, if you know what I mean!! 🙂 (this meeting has been a punting graveyard for me,so any help is appreciated! *** Some of these stats will be emailed out exclusively for monthly ‘Donations Club Members’ ,albeit I haven’t decided which bits yet.
- Trainer Track Profiles Flat: I am now up to 15 hours and counting of research for my new stats guide which is the best thing I have produced to date I think. I have just finished ‘Goodwood’ (found a belting micro system for Mark Johnston’s handicappers) I have completed Doncaster’s Profile, so will send this out for free to all of you before the weekend, probably Thursday. Print it off, take it to the track, and be the most informed punter there 🙂
- March Review: No ‘weekly review’ as such this week but instead there will be a review of the month.
- April Trainers: Finally, for now, I am yet to research any such trainers for next month but will get looking/posting before Friday. I am sure there will be a couple we can follow.
At some point I will eat and sleep. For now…
NONE. Exeter have a 3m chase but it is a small field and is now Heavy – Exeter Heavy, as it should be known, is a very unique beast that I am yet to get to grips with – some handle it and some don’t – even those with ‘heavy form’ seem to drop out the county, let alone the TV.
2.40 Ling – Honey Required (any odds)
3.05 Exet – Lord Ballim (12/1<)
STATS/ANGLES OF INTEREST
8.25 Kempton – Burning Blaze – 13/2 – my forays onto the sand don’t usually go too well (you have been warned) but Ellison doesn’t mess around when booking SDS here – 3/8,6 places in last 5 years, one of those wins last time out on this same horse. That was the horse’s 5th start for the trainer and while this is a step up in grade I suspect he may get more from him at some point. His geegeez speed figure is better than that of the fav and actually the best in the race. The drop back in trip looks to be fine also and any followers won’t be found wanting from the saddle. An interesting runner, maybe a 1-2 job with the fav in some kind of order?!
That is all for today.
Donations…Join The Club…
If you enjoy the blog and may even profit from my advice, why not donate today? You can join the monthly ‘Donations Club’ below – members of which will receive added benefits in the weeks and months ahead – reports for free (that I would otherwise charge for), exclusive reports, plus much more is in the pipeline. Or, you can chip in as and when suits you, with ad hoc donations also.
I appreciate any donations that are sent my way. They will allow the blog to remain free at the point of use, ensuring no barriers to access – and they allow me to focus on making it, and your experience,the best that it can be. (some big redesign plans are afoot)
So, go on, what are you waiting for 🙂 …
You Can Join My Monthly DONATIONS CLUB below
ONE OFF DONATIONS OPTIONS…
Here you go Josh, I would be happy to contribute a small amount right now… 🙂
PLEASE NOTE: WHEN JOINING THE MONTHLY DONATIONS CLUB YOU SHOULD RECEIVE AN EMAIL ASKING YOU TO JOIN MY LIST, AT WHICH POINT YOU SHOULD GET SENT THE WELCOME EMAIL STRAIGHT AWAY. IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE ANYTHING, PLEASE DO EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT OUT. THERE CAN BE PROBLEMS WITH MY SYSTEM AND CERTAIN EMAIL ADDRESSES. Thanks, and apologies in advance. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org – or just hit reply to any of the emails I have sent you